Prototype your module.
This module allows the administrator to prototype new features and export them as module. Functional people can prepare the job for a developer who is left with the logic to implement in addition to everything the prototype does not export yet.
Make sure you have Jinja2 version 2.7.3 or higher installed:
$ pip install --upgrade Jinja2==2.7.3
No configuration required.
To use this module, you need to:
- install the dependencies of your future module
- customize your instance by adding fields and creating inherited views
- create your menu items and their window actions
- prepare your data and demo data by creating filters
- create your own groups with access rights and record rules
- add your own access rights and record rules to an existing group
Once you have customized your instance properly, you can go to Settings > Module Prototypes > Prototypes and create a new prototype:
- fill in the information of your module (enter the name, the description, the logo, etc.)
- in the Depencencies tab, select all the other modules that yours will be depending on
- in the Data & Demo tab, select your filters for data and demo data
- in the Fields tab, select the fields you created or customized
- in the Interface tab, select your menu items and your views
- in the Security tab, select your groups, access rights and record rules
- save and click on export
You will get a zip file containing your module ready to be installed and compliant with the conventions of the OCA. You can then provide the module to a developer who have to implement things like default values or onchange methods.
Known issues / Roadmap
- #104 - Include controllers.py and templates.xml from scaffold.
- Attach images to the prototype and export them to be used in the ‘images’ module manifest.
- Export data and demo data
- Export reports
- Export workflows, nodes, transitions, actions
- Export groups, access rights and record rules
- Allow selecting and exporting website stuff
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback here.
- David Arnold <email@example.com>
- Jordi Riera <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Maxime Chambreuil <email@example.com>
- El hadji Dem <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Savoir-faire Linux <email@example.com>
- Vincent Vinet <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Nicolas JEUDY <email@example.com>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit http://odoo-community.org.
- Initial V9 version from V8.0.3
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size odoo9_addon_module_prototyper-184.108.40.206.0-py2-none-any.whl (53.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for odoo9_addon_module_prototyper-220.127.116.11.0-py2-none-any.whl