Shows in the product inventory stock value and the accounting value and allows to reconcile them
Stock Inventory Account Manual Adjustment
This module shows in the product inventory stock value and the accounting value, and allows to create accounting adjustment entries to align the accounting value to match with the inventory stock value.
Assign the group ‘Stock Valuation Account Manual Adjustments’ to the users that should be allowed to list the valuation discrepancies and to reconcile them.
- Go to ‘Inventory / Inventory Control / Perpetual Inventory Valuation’
- Filter on ‘Valuation Discrepancy != 0.0’ using the advanced filter.
- Select the products that you wish to reconcile and press ‘Action / Adjust Stock Valuation Account Discrepancies’.
- You can provide Valuation Increase/Decrease Contra-Account. Otherwise the application will attempt to use the ones defined in the product category. Note that when the adjustment implies an increase of the valuation of your inventory (thus a debit), the account ‘Valuation Increase Contra-Account’) will be used in the credit side of the journal entry. And when the inventory valuation is going to decrease (credit), the account ‘Valuation Decrease Contra-Account’ will be used in the debit side of the journal entry. Typically the ‘Valuation Increase Contra-Account’ will be of type ‘Equity’ and ‘Valuation Decrease Contra-Account’ will be of type ‘Expense’.
Known issues / Roadmap
- In order to properly manage the inventory valuation from an accounting perspective all journal items created for inventory accounts should include the product.
- The price change function of Odoo creates journal entries to the inventory account without specifying the product. This is bad because you lose the ability to control the inventory valuation from accounting at the level of the product. In order to fix this, use the module ‘stock_inventory_revaluation’, to be found in the same OCA repository.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
- Jordi Ballester Alomar <email@example.com>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|odoo9_addon_stock_valuation_account_manual_adjustment-220.127.116.11.0-py2-none-any.whl (175.3 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||py2||Wheel||Apr 26, 2017|