A library to interface with okta through it's restful api
A python library for interfacing with OKTA’s api
- Documentation: https://oktalib.readthedocs.org/en/latest
The workflow supports the following steps
These actions are supported out of the box by the corresponding scripts under _CI/scripts directory with sane defaults based on best practices. Sourcing setup_aliases.ps1 for windows powershell or setup_aliases.sh in bash on Mac or Linux will provide with handy aliases for the shell of all those commands prepended with an underscore.
The bootstrap script creates a .venv directory inside the project directory hosting the virtual environment. It uses pipenv for that. It is called by all other scripts before they do anything. So one could simple start by calling _lint and that would set up everything before it tried to actually lint the project
Once the code is ready to be delivered the _tag script should be called accepting one of three arguments, patch, minor, major following the semantic versioning scheme. So for the initial delivery one would call
$ _tag –minor
which would bump the version of the project to 0.1.0 tag it in git and do a push and also ask for the change and automagically update HISTORY.rst with the version and the change provided.
So the full workflow after git is initialized is:
- repeat as necessary (of course it could be test - code - lint :) ) * code * lint * test
- commit and push
- develop more through the code-lint-test cycle
- tag (with the appropriate argument)
- upload (if you want to host your package in pypi)
- document (of course this could be run at any point)
This template is based on pipenv. In order to be compatible with requirements.txt so the actual created package can be used by any part of the existing python ecosystem some hacks were needed. So when building a package out of this do not simple call
$ python setup.py sdist bdist_egg
as this will produce an unusable artifact with files missing. Instead use the provided build and upload scripts that create all the necessary files in the artifact.
- Manages groups, users and applications
- This code is MVP. It requires a lot of optimizations and extensions.
- Things to do are, try to make the retrieving faster and implement smart caching for entities.
- First release
- Updated template to python3.7 Dropped support for python2.7
- Added setting of user password capability
- Updated template and dependencies
- Updated requests version.
- Updated requests module and fixed requirements generation.
- Update get_applicatio_by_id
- Added limit
- Fix applications method
- bumped dependencies
- Updated template and bumped dependencies
- Added feature for aws application
- Added api exhaustion backoff.
- Corrected Pipfile.lock issue.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size oktalib-1.1.11-py3.7.egg (106.5 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 3.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size oktalib-1.1.11.tar.gz (87.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|