Core music theory and notation Library .
This is in very early development. Almost nothing works. The stuff that does work will probably change.
Ophis is a core music notation, theory, and analysis tool which can be used as the basis for other music applications. It supports contemporary/conventional notation and Gregorian notation.
- Tonus — Pitch classes, pitches, octave designations.
- Mensura — Time signatures, rhythms, note duration.
- Nota — Notes, note expressions.
- Melodia — Horizontal note structures (melodies, lines, voices, scales).
- Chorda — Vertical and two-dimensional note structures (chords, harmonies, polyphony).
- Signum — Clefs, staff and score expressions, additional markings.
- Armonica — Music theory and analysis.
- Scribo — Notation/printing via Lilypond, Gregorio, and other formats (MusicXML, ABC).
- Medio — MIDI control.