Python3 package for Open Sound Control (OSC) communications.
Subversion repository & bug tracking (on french academic SourceSup site).
Testers feedback welcome. This development was finally not tested in its initial planning, any problem / bug / info are welcome.
What is it?
This module is an implementation of Open Sound Control (OSC) message transport protocol within a Python3 package.
Manage different sides of OSC in possibly different contexts:
- encoding/decoding of OSC message packets (including bundles)
- routing of incoming messages based on selector regexps or globbing
- timed messages with possible delay period
- named client/server for sending/subscribing
- different scheduling models (single process, totally multithread, only multithread for communications)
- extra processing of packets (hack points to encrypt/decrypt, sign/verify…)
Note: routing, timed messages, named client/server, scheduling models make a complex system (see the “big picture” in doc). The oscbuildparse module of osc4py3 package can be used as is and provides nice OSC packets encoding/decoding functions usable in your own message transmission scheme.
Unless someone built a package for your OS distro, the simplest procedure is to use pip to install the module:
pip install osc4py3
If you have no admin access to install things on you computer, you may install a virtualenv and run pip inside this virtual env, or you can do a local user installation:
pip install –user osc4py3