Open source control for Belkin WeMo devices
- Supports WeMo Switch, Light Switch, Insight Switch and Motion
- Command-line tool to discover and control devices in your environment
- REST API to obtain information and perform actions on devices
- Simple responsive Web app provides device control on mobile
- Python API to interact with device at a low level
Release 0.8.0 (July 30, 2016)
- Randomize subscription ports to enable simultaneous ouimeaux scripts (thanks @bennytheshap)
- Fix for WeMo LED Light support (thanks @sstangle73)
- #32: Removed address cache, broke server out into optional feature
- Fix for Maker state reporting (thanks @pavoni)
- Filter by SSDP location, fixing case where multiple devices respond from the same IP (thanks @szakharchenko)
- Fix Maker event handlers, which were being passed as bridges (thanks @maxlazarov)
- Work around gevent-socketio bug by explicitly casting header value as string
- Fix for inconsistent Light state (thanks @canduuk)
- StateChange signals are now a separate class and do not fire if value is unchanged (thanks @esecules)
- Python 3 support (thanks to @drock371)
Release 0.7.9 (March 17, 2015)
- Command line support for WeMo LED Light (thanks @fritz-fritz)
- Command line support for WeMo Maker (thanks @logjames)
- Support for 2.0.0 firmware (thanks @fritz-fritz)
- Bug fixes
Release 0.7.3 (August 10, 2014)
- Fixed #18: Error when run as root
- Fixed #26: Evict devices from cache when unreachable
- Fixed #29: GetPower stopped working for Insight devices
- Fixed #31: Add blink method on switches, include in REST API
- Fixed #33, #37: Handle invalid devices without dying
- Fixed #35: Require requests >= 2.3.0
- Fixed #40: Retry requests in the event of failure
- Fixed #47: Don’t choke on invalid newlines in XML returned by switches
- (thanks to @fingon)
Release 0.7.2 (January 28, 2014)
- Fix a bug with using query parameters on /api/device
Release 0.7 (January 27, 2014)
- Added REST API
- Added Web app
Release 0.6 (January 25, 2014)
- Added signals framework
- Fixed #16, #19, #22: Defensively resubscribe to events when device responds with an error
- Fixed #15: Signals framework includes relevant device when sending signal
- Refactored structure, added Sphinx docs
Release 0.5.3 (January 25, 2014)
- Fixed #20: Allow timeout in environment.wait()
- Fixed #21: Add Insight support
Release 0.5.2 (November 23, 2013)
- Fixed #14: Indicate Connection:close header to avoid logging when WeMo sends
invalid HTTP response.
Release 0.5.1 (November 9, 2013)
- Fixed #10: Updated subscriber listener to use more reliable method of
retrieving non-loopback IP address; updated docs to fix typo in listener
registration example (thanks to @benhoyle, @francxk)
- Fixed #11: Remove instancemethod objects before attempting to pickle devices
in the cache (thanks @piperde, @JonPenner, @tomtomau, @masilu77)
Release 0.5 (October 14, 2013)
- Added fuzzy matching of device name when searching/toggling from command line
- Added status mode to print status for all devices
- Added switch status mode to print status for specific device
- Added flags for all command-line options
- Fixed #9: Removed unused fcntl import that precluded Windows usage (thanks to
Release 0.4.3 (August 31, 2013)
- Used new method of obtaining local IP for discovery that is less likely to
- Exit with failure and instructions for solution if loopback IP is used
- Updated installation docs to include python-dev and pip instructions (patch
- Fixed README inclusion bug that occasionally broke installation via pip.
- Added --debug option to enable debug logging to stdout
Release 0.4 (August 17, 2013)
- Fixed #7: Added support for light switch devices (patch by nschrenk).
- Fixed #6: Added “wemo clear” command to clear the device cache.
Release 0.3 (May 25, 2013)
- Fixed #4: Added ability to specify ip:port for discovery server binding. Removed
documentation describing need to disable SSDP service on Windows.
- Fixed #5: Added device cache for faster results.
- Added configuration file.
- Added ability to configure aliases for devices to avoid quoting strings on
the command line.
- Added ‘toggle’ command to command line switch control.
Release 0.2 (April 21, 2013)
- Fixed #1: Added ability to subscribe to motion and switch state change events.
- Added Windows installation details to README (patch by @brianpeiris)
- Cleaned up UDP server lifecycle so rediscovery doesn’t try to start it back up.
Release 0.1 (February 2, 2013)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.