Convenient Power System Modelling and Analysis based on PYPOWER and pandas
pandapower combines the data analysis library pandas and the power flow solver PYPOWER to create an easy to use network calculation program aimed at automation of analysis and optimization in power systems.
pandapower is a joint development of the research group Energy Management and Power System Operation, University of Kassel and the Department for Distribution System Operation at the Fraunhofer Institute for Wind Energy and Energy System Technology (IWES), Kassel.
For more information, go to http://www.uni-kassel.de/go/pandapower.
To install pandapower, simply use:
pip install pandapower
- This will install the following dependencies:
You will also need numpy and scipy, which are dependencies of pypower. We recommend the Anaconda Distribution, which already contains a numpy and scipy as well as a lot of other modules for scientific computing that are needed for working with pandapower.
- To use all of pandapowers functionalites, you will need the following additional packages:
- numba>=0.25.0 (for accelerated loadflow calculation)
- matplotlib (for plotting)
- python-igraph (for plotting networks without geographical information)
- xlrd (for loading/saving files from/to excel)
- openpyxl (for loading/saving files from/to excel)
All of these packages (except python-igraph) are already included in the anaconda distribution.
[1.1.1] - 2017-01-12
- [ADDED] installation description and pypi files from github
- [ADDED] automatic inversion of active power limits in convert format to account for convention change in version 1.1.0
- [CHANGED] install_requires in setup.py
[1.1.0] - 2017-01-11
- [ADDED] impedance element can now be used with unsymetric impedances zij != zji
- [ADDED] dcline element that allows modelling DC lines in PF and OPF
- [ADDED] simple plotting function: call pp.simple_plot(net) to directly plot the network
- [ADDED] measurement table for networks. Enables the definition of measurements for real-time simulations.
- [ADDED] estimation module, which provides state estimation functionality with weighted least squares algorithm
- [ADDED] shortcircuit module in beta version for short-circuit calculation according to IEC-60909
- [ADDED] documentation of model validation and tests
- [ADDED] case14, case24_ieee_rts, case39, case57 networks
- [ADDED] mpc and ppc converter
- [CHANGED] convention for active power limits of generators. Generator with max. feed in of 50kW before: p_min_kw=0, p_max_kw=-50. Now p_max_kw=0, p_min_kw=50
- [ADDED] DC power flow function pp.rundcopp
- [FIXED] bug in create_transformer function for tp_pos parameter
- [FIXED] bug in voltage ratio for low voltage side tap changers
- [FIXED] bug in rated voltage calculation for opf line constraints
[1.0.2] - 2016-11-30
- [CHANGED] changed in_service dtype from f8 to bool for shunt, ward, xward
- [CHANGED] included i_from_ka and i_to_ka in net.res_line
- [ADDED] recycle parameter added. ppc, Ybus, is_elems and bus_lookup can be reused between multiple powerflows if recycle[“ppc”] == True, ppc values (P,Q,V) only get updated.
- [FIXED] OPF bugfixes: cost scaling, correct calculation of res_bus.p_kw for sgens
- [ADDED] loadcase added as pypower_extension since unnecessary deepcopies were removed
- [CHANGED] supress warnings parameter removed from loadflow, casting warnings are automatically supressed
[1.0.1] - 2016-11-09
- [CHANGED] update short introduction example to include transformer
- [CHANGED] included pypower in setup.py requirements (only pypower, not numpy, scipy etc.)
- [CHANGED] mpc / ppc renamed to ppci / ppc
- [FIXED] MANIFEST.ini includes all relevant doc files and exclude report
- [FIXED] handling of tp_pos parameter in create_trafo and create_trafo3w
- [FIXED] init=”result” for open bus-line switches
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pandapower-1.1.1.post1.tar.gz (682.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|