Interface to Paradox Alarm Panels
PAI - Paradox Alarm Interface
Middleware that aims to connect to a Paradox Alarm panel, exposing the interface for monitoring and control via several technologies. With this interface it is possible to integrate Paradox panels with HomeAssistant, OpenHAB, Homebridge or other domotics system that supports MQTT, as well as several IM methods.
It supports MG/SP/EVO panels connected through a serial port, which is present in all panels (TTL 5V), or through a USB 307 module. It also supports connections using the IP150 module, both directly (firmware version < 4.0 or >= 4.40.004), and through the SITE ID (firmware versions >4.0).
Support for Magellan, Spectra and EVO panels is very stable. If you find a bug, please report it.
For further information and detailed usage refer to the Wiki.
If you are having issues, or wish to discuss new features, join us at our Gitter community
Things you need to have to be able to connect
For all connection methods
- PC Password: 4 digit
[0-9a-f]password. Can be looked up in Babyware (Right click on a panel ⇾ Properties ⇾ PC Communication (BabyWare) ⇾ PC Communication (BabyWare) ⇾ PC Password)
In case of IP150 you need additionally:
- IP Module password: Default is
For IP150 firmware > 4.0 if you connect via Paradox Cloud (SWAN)
- SITE ID
- Email registered in the site
How to use
Tested in the following environment:
- Python 3.6, 3.7, 3.8
- Mosquitto MQTT Broker >v 1.4.8
- OrangePi 2G-IOT, NanoPi NEO, and Raspberry Pi 3 through their built in Serial Port (with a level shifter!), or a USB RS232 TTL adapter (CP2102, PL2303, CH340, etc..)
- Ubuntu Server 16.04.3 LTS
- Paradox MG5050, SP7000 and EVO panels
- Signal Cli through a DBUS interface
- SIM900 module through a serial port
- Serial over TCP (ESP32 or Arduino connected to the panel's serial port acts as a proxy)
- João Paulo Barraca - @jpbarraca - Main code and MG/SP devices
- Jevgeni Kiski - @yozik04 - Main code and EVO devices
- Ion Darie - @iondarie - PAI Logo, Homebridge integration, testing
This work is inspired or uses parts from the following projects:
- Tertiush at https://github.com/Tertiush/ParadoxIP150v2
- Spinza at https://github.com/spinza/paradox_mqtt
- Ivan Markov - @ivmarkov - Multi-platform Docker builds with Travis
Paradox, MG5050 and IP150 are registered marks of PARADOX. Other brands are owned by their respective owners.
The code was developed as a way of integrating personally owned Paradox systems, and it cannot be used for other purposes. It is not affiliated with any company and it doesn't have have commercial intent.
The code is provided AS IS and the developers will not be held responsible for failures in the alarm systems, or any other malfunction.
João Paulo Barraca @jpbarraca does not accept any donations.
If you want to support Jevgeni Kiski @yozik04, click here:
Raised money will be spent on different hardware required for PAI development.
With support from
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size paradox_alarm_interface-2.2.4-py3-none-any.whl (132.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size paradox-alarm-interface-2.2.4.tar.gz (102.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for paradox_alarm_interface-2.2.4-py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for paradox-alarm-interface-2.2.4.tar.gz