Python package to perform time series analysis of hydrological time series.
Pastas: what is it?
Pastas is an open source python package for processing, simulating and analyzing hydrological time series (models). The object oriented structure allows for the quick implementation of new model components. Time series models can be created, calibrated, and analysed with just a few lines of python code with the built-in optimization, visualisation, and statistical analysis tools.
Documentation & Examples
- Documentation is provided on a dedicated website: http://pastas.readthedocs.io/
- Examples can be found on the examples directory on the documentation website.
- View and edit a working example notebook of a Pastas model in MyBinder
- A list of Publications that used Pastas is available in a dedicated GitHub repo
Get in Touch
- Questions on Pastas can be asked and answered on Github Discussions.
- Bugs, feature requests and other improvements can be posted as Github Issues.
- Pull requests will only be accepted on the development branch (dev) of this repository. Please take a look at the developers section on the documentation website for more information on how to contribute to Pastas.
Quick installation guide
To install Pastas, a working version of Python 3.7, 3.8 or 3.9 has to be installed on your computer. We recommend using the Anaconda Distribution as it includes most of the python package dependencies and the Jupyter Notebook software to run the notebooks. However, you are free to install any Python distribution you want.
To get the latest stable version, use:
pip install pastas
To update pastas, use:
pip install pastas --upgrade
To get the latest development version, use:
pip install https://github.com/pastas/pastas/zipball/dev
Pastas depends on a number of Python packages, of which all of the necessary are automatically installed when using the pip install manager. To summarize, the dependencies necessary for a minimal function installation of Pastas
How to Cite Pastas?
If you use Pastas in one of your studies, please cite the Pastas article in Groundwater:
- Collenteur, R.A., Bakker, M., Caljé, R., Klop, S.A., Schaars, F. (2019) Pastas: open source software for the analysis of groundwater time series. Groundwater. doi: 10.1111/gwat.12925.
To cite a specific version of Python, you can use the DOI provided for each official release (>0.9.7) through Zenodo. Click on the link to get a specific version and DOI, depending on the Pastas version.
- Collenteur, R., Bakker, M., Caljé, R. & Schaars, F. (XXXX). Pastas: open-source software for time series analysis in hydrology (Version X.X.X). Zenodo. http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1465866
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pastas-0.18.0-py3-none-any.whl (104.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pastas-0.18.0.tar.gz (95.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|