Pythonic API for parsing PDF files
|Info:||See the tutorials & documentation for more information.|
|Author & Maintainer:|
|Maksym Polshcha <email@example.com>|
See GitHub for the latest source.
- pdfreader is a Pythonic API for:
- extracting texts, images and other data from PDF documents
- accessing different objects within PDF documents
- pdfreader is NOT a tool:
- to create or update PDF files
- to split PDF files into pages or other pieces
- convert PDFs to any other format
Nevertheless it can be used as a part of such tools.
- Extracts texts (plain text and formatted text objects)
- Extract PDF forms data (pure strings and formatted text objects)
- Supports all PDF encodings, CMap, predefined cmaps.
- Extracts images and image masks as Pillow/PIL Images
- Allows browse any document objects, resources and extract any data you need (fonts, annotations, metadata, multimedia, etc.)
- Follows PDF-1.7 specification
- Lazy objects access allows to process huge PDF documents quite fast
pdfreader can be installed with pip:
$ python -m pip install pdfreader
Or easy_install from setuptools:
$ python -m easy_install pdfreader
You can also download the project source and do:
$ python setup.py install
Tutorial and Documentation
Support, Bugs & Feature Requests
pdfreader uses GitHub issues to keep track of bugs, feature requests, etc.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pdfreader-0.1.5.tar.gz (2.8 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|