A python3 game development framework
“A python3 framework that makes developing 2d games peachy keen.”
Peachy is a python game development framework made to make developing games in python a bit more streamlined.
- Entity, World structure
- Simple architecture
- 2d collision detection for basic shapes
- 2d rendering
- Resource management and loading
- Tiled support
- Command line utility (TODO)
- Project scaffolding
- Building Executable
(Some features are still under development)
- peachy - The core modules, contains the Engine, World, and Entity classes among others.
- peachy.audio - Contains sound classes (still under heavy maintenance).
- peachy.collision - Multiple collision detection functions for 2d shapes.
- peachy.fs - Short for ‘filesystem’, this module is used for loading and storing resources.
- peachy.geo - Geometric shapes and collision detection between them.
- peachy.graphics - Drawing and animation.
- peachy.stage - Used to load popular level editor templates (only Tiled at the moment).
- peachy.resources - Resource handling. Loading & management.
- peachy.utils - Utility functions for camera, input, etc.
- peachy.etc - Everything else.
Peachy is documented using Google Style Python Docstrings. Docs are held within /docs.
You can build the docs using Sphinx.
Just use pytest
- Python 3
- Pygame (check out resources for compatible versions)
- PyTMX (If you intend to use peachy to load tiled stages)
- PyInstaller (If you intend to use Peachy for building your executables)
- Click (Used for the Peachy CLI tool)
- Install via PyPi
- pip install peachy
- Install manually
- git clone https://github.com/shellbotx/peachy python setup.py install
Repository ~ https://github.com/shellbotx/peachy
Tutorial ~ coming soon
Peachy is licensed under the MIT license.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size peachy-0.1.0-py3-none-any.whl (35.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|