A tool to generate a static blog from reStructuredText or Markdown input files.
Pelican is a static site generator, written in Python.
- Write your weblog entries directly with your editor of choice (vim!) in reStructuredText or Markdown
- Includes a simple CLI tool to (re)generate the weblog
- Easy to interface with DVCSes and web hooks
- Completely static output is easy to host anywhere
Pelican currently supports:
- Blog articles and pages
- Comments, via an external service (Disqus). (Please note that while useful, Disqus is an external service, and thus the comment data will be somewhat outside of your control and potentially subject to data loss.)
- Theming support (themes are created using Jinja2 templates)
- PDF generation of the articles/pages (optional)
- Publication of articles in multiple languages
- Atom/RSS feeds
- Code syntax highlighting
- Asset management with webassets (optional)
- Import from WordPress, Dotclear, or RSS feeds
- Integration with external tools: Twitter, Google Analytics, etc. (optional)
Have a look at the Pelican documentation for more information.
Why the name “Pelican”?
“Pelican” is an anagram for calepin, which means “notebook” in French. ;)
You can access the source code at: https://github.com/getpelican/pelican
If you feel hackish, have a look at the explanation of Pelican’s internals.
Feedback / Contact us
If you want to see new features in Pelican, don’t hesitate to offer suggestions, clone the repository, etc. There are many ways to contribute. That’s open source, dude!
Send a message to “authors at getpelican dot com” with any requests/feedback! You can also join the team at #pelican on Freenode (or if you don’t have an IRC client handy, use the webchat for quick feedback.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pelican-3.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (118.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pelican-3.1.tar.gz (2.4 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pelican-3.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl