Typo fix. Improved usage documentation.
Copyright 2010 Anthony Campbell (anthonycampbell.co.uk)
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Simple script to sort a directory of photos and videos. Designed to break down a directory into yearly creation date sub directories. Also rename files to provide a more consistent and readable listing.
Please look at the CHANGES file in each project to see what has changed since the last tag.
These packages are available from the ./dependencies directory. Simply unzip and run the “python setup.py install” command as root on all three libraries.
pip install phosort
Download the provided source and execute it using the following command:
python setup.py install
python phosort.py [directory] [option]
If you wish to contribute to the project you can find the latest source code on GitHub:
phosort is now also available on PyPi Package Index (PyPI) (aka, the “Cheeseshop”):
To Alex Elder (alexelder.co.uk) for his numerous fixes and improvements. Cheers dude!
Release notes 1.0.8 (30th August, 2010)
- Updated usage notes.
- Add keywords to setup.py.
- Output typo fix.
Release notes 1.0.7 (28th August, 2010)
- Added graceful handling of private (‘-r’) folders on Linux.
- Added a clarity comment for case-insensitive filetype regex.
- Shortened the date matching regex to include fewer greedy quantifiers while
- still matching the same date format.
- Fixed a small bug in the regexes used to identify allowed file types.
- Fixed recursive bug where previous sorted media is re-sorted.
Release notes 1.0.6 (27th August, 2010)
- Keyboard interrupt handling.
- Test script updates.
- Improved output.
Release notes 1.0.5 (27th August, 2010)
- Updated to change log text to support reStructured text.
- Uploaded release notes to reflect phosort PyPi upload location.
Release notes 1.0.4 (27th August, 2010)
- Egg descriptor file fix.
- Upload to the cheese shop.
Release notes 1.0.3 (25th August, 2010)
- Egg descriptor file introduction.
Release notes 1.0.2 (25th August, 2010)
- Removal of EXIF package dependency
- Introduction to the hachoir metadata library.
- Provision of hachoir libraries.
- Retrieve real creation date for videos and images from meta data.
- Small bug fixes due to refactoring.
Release notes 1.0.1 (24th August, 2010)
- Small improvements.
- Introduction into copy only mode.
Release notes 1.0.0 (24th August, 2010)
- Match correct files within current directory.
- Initial sort implementation.
- Introduction to simulate only mode.
- Introduction to image only mode.
- Introduction to replace spaces for file and directory.
- Introduction to timestamp file mode.
- Final release.
Release notes 0.0.1 (23rd August, 2010)
- Initial release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, Size & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||File Type||Python Version||Upload Date|
(2.5 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Dumb Binary||any||Aug 30, 2010|
(3.3 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Source||None||Aug 30, 2010|