Explore tagged photos from Shotwell in the filesystem
photofs is an application that allows you to mount the tags in the photo database from Shotwell as directories in a virtual file system.
To add directories for all tags under $PHOTOFS_PATH, run the following command:
After this, $PHOTOFS_PATH/Photos will contain directories for all photo tags, and $PHOTOFS_PATH/Videos will contain directories for all video tags.
Run photofs --help for a list of all command line arguments.
How do I change the names of photos and videos?
photofs will use the title of an image as file name. If the image does not have a title, the exposure time will be used. If more than one image is shot at the same time, the file names will be made unique by appending (1), (2) etc. to the file name.
Run photofs --help to see how to change the time format used.
1.3 - Flat presentation
- Added support for flat presentation of images and videos.
- Corrected crash when a Shotwell image does not exist in the file system.
1.2.1 - Bugfixes
- Corrected data corruption when multiple threads access same handle
1.2 - Support for multiple architectures
- Changed FUSE library to one with support for multiple architectures
1.1.1 - Bugfixes
- Readded missing support for reading link targets
- Optimised file listing to avoid checking all files
1.1 - Allow File Sync
- Added support for syncing database file
- Added support for using temporary database file
1.0 - Initial Release
- Basic support for Shotwell FUSE file system
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|photofs-1.3-py2-none-any.whl (57.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||2.7||Wheel||Mar 6, 2016|
|photofs-1.3-py3-none-any.whl (22.0 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||3.6||Wheel||Jan 2, 2018|