Pika Python AMQP Client Library
Pika is a RabbitMQ (AMQP-0-9-1) client library for Python.
Pika is a pure-Python implementation of the AMQP 0-9-1 protocol including RabbitMQ’s extensions.
- Python 2.6+ and 3.3+ are supported.
- Since threads aren’t appropriate to every situation, it doesn’t require threads. It takes care not to forbid them, either. The same goes for greenlets, callbacks, continuations and generators. It is not necessarily thread-safe however, and your mileage will vary.
- People may be using direct sockets, plain old
select(), or any of the wide variety of ways of getting network events to and from a python application. Pika tries to stay compatible with all of these, and to make adapting it to a new environment as simple as possible.
Pika’s documentation can be found at https://pika.readthedocs.io
Here is the most simple example of use, sending a message with the BlockingConnection adapter:
import pika connection = pika.BlockingConnection() channel = connection.channel() channel.basic_publish(exchange='example', routing_key='test', body='Test Message') connection.close()
And an example of writing a blocking consumer:
import pika connection = pika.BlockingConnection() channel = connection.channel() for method_frame, properties, body in channel.consume('test'): # Display the message parts and ack the message print(method_frame, properties, body) channel.basic_ack(method_frame.delivery_tag) # Escape out of the loop after 10 messages if method_frame.delivery_tag == 10: break # Cancel the consumer and return any pending messages requeued_messages = channel.cancel() print('Requeued %i messages' % requeued_messages) connection.close()
Pika provides the following adapters
- AsyncioConnection - adapter for the Python3 AsyncIO event loop
- BlockingConnection - enables blocking, synchronous operation on top of library for simple uses
- LibevConnection - adapter for use with the libev event loop http://libev.schmorp.de
- SelectConnection - fast asynchronous adapter
- TornadoConnection - adapter for use with the Tornado IO Loop http://tornadoweb.org
- TwistedConnection - adapter for use with the Twisted asynchronous package http://twistedmatrix.com/
To contribute to pika, please make sure that any new features or changes to existing functionality include test coverage.
Pull requests that add or change code without coverage will most likely be rejected.
Additionally, please format your code using yapf with google style prior to issuing your pull request.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|pika-0.11.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (107.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Nov 30, 2017|
|pika-0.11.2.tar.gz (97.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Nov 30, 2017|