Pika Python AMQP Client Library
Pika is a pure-Python implementation of the AMQP 0-9-1 protocol that tries to stay fairly independent of the underlying network support library.
- Python 2.6+ and 3.3+ are supported.
- Since threads aren’t appropriate to every situation, it doesn’t require threads. It takes care not to forbid them, either. The same goes for greenlets, callbacks, continuations and generators. It is not necessarily thread-safe however, and your mileage will vary.
- People may be using direct sockets, plain old select(), or any of the wide variety of ways of getting network events to and from a python application. Pika tries to stay compatible with all of these, and to make adapting it to a new environment as simple as possible.
Pika’s documentation can be found at https://pika.readthedocs.org
Here is the most simple example of use, sending a message with the BlockingConnection adapter:
import pika connection = pika.BlockingConnection() channel = connection.channel() channel.basic_publish(exchange='example', routing_key='test', body='Test Message') connection.close()
And an example of writing a blocking consumer:
import pika connection = pika.BlockingConnection() channel = connection.channel() for method_frame, properties, body in channel.consume('test'): # Display the message parts and ack the message print method_frame, properties, body channel.basic_ack(method_frame.delivery_tag) # Escape out of the loop after 10 messages if method_frame.delivery_tag == 10: break # Cancel the consumer and return any pending messages requeued_messages = channel.cancel() print 'Requeued %i messages' % requeued_messages connection.close()
Pika provides the following adapters
- BlockingConnection - enables blocking, synchronous operation on top of library for simple uses
- LibevConnection - adapter for use with the libev event loop http://libev.schmorp.de
- SelectConnection - fast asynchronous adapter
- TornadoConnection - adapter for use with the Tornado IO Loop http://tornadoweb.org
- TwistedConnection - adapter for use with the Twisted asynchronous package http://twistedmatrix.com/
To contribute to pika, please make sure that any new features or changes to existing functionality include test coverage. Additionally, please format your code using yapf with google style prior to issuing your pull request.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|pika-0.10.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (92.8 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||py2.py3||Wheel||Sep 2, 2015|
|pika-0.10.0.tar.gz (82.6 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Sep 2, 2015|