Query metadatdata from sdists / bdists / installed packages.
This package provides an API for querying the distutils metadata written in the PKG-INFO file inside a source distriubtion (an sdist) or a binary distribution (e.g., created by running bdist_egg). It can also query the EGG-INFO directory of an installed distribution, and the *.egg-info stored in a “development checkout” (e.g, created by running setup.py develop).
Please see the pkginfo docs for detailed documentation.
- Use relative imports in pkginfo modules. Supports vendoring of the package into setuptools.
- Add support for Provides-Extra and Description-Content-Type fields. Per https://packaging.python.org/specifications/. See: PEP 566.
- Remove support for old setuptools leaving PKG-INFO in the root of the project directory.
- Packaging only change (invalid sdist built for 1.4.0).
- Relicense under MIT license: the PSF license is not suitable for third-party libraries.
- Packaging-only change (automate fix for wheel built for 1.3.1).
- Packaging-only change (invalid wheel built for 1.3.0).
- Update homepage URL to point to Launchpad, rather than PyPI.
- Add support for building wheels.
- Add support for Python 3.5.
- Drop support for Python 2.6 and 3.2.
- Add overlooked Trove classifier for Python 3.4.
- Add support for Python 3.4, PyPy3.
- Add 100% coverage for pkginfo.commandline module.
- Add support for the “wheel” distribution format, along with minimal metadata 2.0 support (not including new PEP 426 JSON properties). Code (re-)borrowed from Donald Stuft’s twine package.
- Fix tests to pass with current PyPy releases.
- Support “develop” packages which keep their *.egg-info in a subdirectory. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/pkginfo/+bug/919147.
- Add support for “unpacked SDists” (thanks to Mike Lundy for the patch).
- No changes from 1.0b2.
- Suppress resource warning leaks reported against clients.
- Fix ‘commandline’ module under Py3k.
- Add support for Python 3.2 and 3.3, including testing them under tox.
- Add support for PyPy, including testing it under tox.
- Test supported Python versions under tox.
- Drop support for Python 2.5.
- Add a setup.py dev alias: runs setup.py develop and installs testing extras (nose and coverage).
- Fix test failure under Python >= 2.7, which is enforcing ‘metadata_version == 1.1’ because we have classifiers.
- Fix introspection of installed namespace packages. They may be installed as eggs or via dist-installed ‘egg-info’ files. https://bugs.launchpad.net/pkginfo/+bug/934311
- Avoid a regression in 0.8 under Python 2.6 / 2.7 when parsing unicode. https://bugs.launchpad.net/pkginfo/+bug/733827/comments/3
- Work around Python 2.7’s breakage of StringIO. Fixes https://bugs.launchpad.net/pkginfo/+bug/733827
- Fix bug in introspection of installed packages missing the __package__ attribute.
- Preserve newlines in the description field. Thanks to Sridhar Ratnakumar for the patch.
- 100% test coverage.
- Replace use of StringIO.StringIO with io.StringIO, where available (Python >= 2.6).
- Replace use of rfc822 stdlib module with email.parser, when available (Python >= 2.5). Ensured that distributions “unfold” wrapped continuation lines, stripping any leading / trailing whitespace, no matter which module was used for parsing.
- Remove bogus testing dependency on zope.testing.
- Add tests that the “environment markers” spelled out in the approved PEP 345 are captured.
- Add Project-URL for 1.2 PKG-INFO metdata (defined in the accepted version of PEP 345).
- Marked package as non-zip-safe.
- Fix Trove metadata misspelling.
- Restore compatibility with Python 2.4.
- Note that the introspection of installed packages / modules works only in Python 2.6 or later.
- Add Index class as an abstraction over a collection of distributions.
- Add download_url_prefix argument to pkginfo script. If passed, the script will use the prefix to synthesize a download_url for distributions which do not supply that value directly.
- Fix bugs in handling of installed packages which lack __file__ or PKG-INFO.
- Extend the console script to allow output as CSV or INI. Also, added arguments to specify the metadata version and other parsing / output policies.
- Add support for the different metadata versions specified in PEPs 241, 314, and 345. Distributions now parse and expose only the attributes corresponding to their metadata version, which defaults to the version parsed from the PKG-INFO file. The programmer can override that version when creating the distribution object.
- Add support for introspection of “development eggs” (checkouts with PKG-INFO, perhaps created via setup.py develop).
- Add a console script, pkginfo, which takes one or more paths on the command line and writes out the associated information. Thanks to runeh for the patch!
- Add get_metadata helper function, which dispatches a given path or module across the available distribution types, and returns a distribution object. Thanks to runeh for the patch!
- Make distribution objects support iteration over the metadata fields. Thanks to runeh for the patch!
- Make Distribution and subclasses new-style classes. Thanks to runeh for the patch!
- Add support for introspection of bdist_egg binary distributions.
- Fix packaging errors.
- Initial release.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|pkginfo-1.4.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (27.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Mar 14, 2018|
|pkginfo-1.4.2.tar.gz (33.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Mar 14, 2018|