Plone UI and default rules for plone.caching/z3c.caching
This package provides a Plone UI and default rules for managing HTTP response caching in Plone. It builds on z3c.caching, plone.caching and plone.cachepurging.
|3.x||6.0 or above|
|1.x||5.1, 5.0, 4.3, 4.2, 4.1|
plone.app.caching is shipped as a dependency of the Plone package, and it should be available on all Plone installations, but
Caching is not enabled by default, although it is highly recommended to configure caching for every new Plone site.
After creating a new Plone site, go to
Site Setup, then
Addons and install
HTTP caching support.
Under the Advanced header, look for the Caching control panel -- currently only supported on the Classic UI.
When the Caching control panel is not there, there can be various reasons for this:
- If your installation does not load the
Plonepackage, but only
plone.app.cachingis not included.
- If the package is included, but you add a Plone Site using the advanced form and disable caching, then the control panel is not there.
If you want to install it in an existing Plone Site:
- Make sure the package is available in the Plone instance, by adding
Ploneto your installation.
- From the Plone Site Setup go to the ZMI (Zope Management Interface).
- Go to
portal_setup, and then to the Import tab.
- Select the HTTP caching support profile, perhaps easiest by id:
- Click 'Import all steps'.
Contributors, please read the document Process for Plone core's development
Sources are at the Plone code repository hosted at Github .
This project is supported by
The project is licensed under GPLv2.
- Do not mention Squid but mentions CDNs in the descriptions. [jensens] #119
- Update configuration files. [plone devs] 13d8d6c0, cbbcff93
- Declare dependencies. [gforcada] #1
- Convert README and CHANGES to markdown. [ericof] #114
- Correct Bootstrap classes for
<select />in controlpanel. [petschki] (#112)
- Revert changes to tests to work with the Zope security fix.
We must have an empty byte, not text, otherwise it is an indication that we get a possibly wrong Content-Type in a 304 status.
Zope issue 1089 <https://github.com/zopefoundation/Zope/issues/1089>_. [maurits] (#1089)
- Fix tests to work with the Zope security fix. [maurits] (#106)
- Add missing quotation mark in Etag 304 Response [sverbois] (#104)
- Remove trailing comma to avoid different default messages for the same msgid [erral] (#102)
- Add missing i18n tags [erral] (#101)
- Remove unmaintained Split-View profile. [jensens] (#99)
- Move caching ruleset assignments from here to plone.restapi and add ZCML feature here. [jensens] (#100)
- Minor overhaul, use plone.base, remove some Plone 5.2 imports, ... [jensens] (#98)
- Minor code cleanup and review/overhaul docs. [jensens] (#99)
- Apply black to the codebase, format it to be Python 3 only (#94)
- Test-only fix: caching checks for
portal_resourceswhich is no longer there. Update ETAG Headers accordingly. [pbauer] (#92)
- Updated control panel icon. Use iconresolver to get the proper svg icon. [yurj] (#91)
- When purging images also purge the field WITHOUT a size parameter (e.g.
[...]/@@images/image). [wolbernd] (#89)
- Remove translations endpoint test because it does not have the correct fixture [sneridagh] (#87)
- fix deprecated imports [petschki] (#86)
- Fix label in controlpanel.pt. [brian.duncan] (#84)
- Add upgrade step to define the new base terse cache setting. [maurits] (#82)
- Add etag for layout property.
This is not yet added to a caching profile, but this can be done later.
issue 80 <https://github.com/plone/plone.app.caching/issues/80>_. [maurits] (#80)
- Fix ram-caching of binary files. [agitator] (#79)
- Update for Plone 6 with Bootstrap markup [ale-rt, jensens] (#63)
- Links with pat-modal: Remove unused redirectOnResponse from data-pat-modal actionOptions. (Products.CMFPlone#3197) [fulv] (#3197)
resourceRegistriesETag, but now for Plone 5 resource registries. Fixes warning "Could not find value adapter for ETag component resourceRegistries". [maurits] (#61)
- Add more purge paths for images and downloads [jensens] (#71)
- Remove traces of Archetypes [pbauer] (#68)
- Drop Python 2 support. Black code style and isort. [jensens] (#69)
- Introduce terseCaching operation and
plone.content.dynamicruleset. terseCaching is a rule with by default 10s in browser cache and 60s in edge cache. It is intended to be used for highly dynamic content defined in the
plone.content.dynamicruleset. The combination reduces load on the backend if there a lots of requests. [jensens] (66-1)
- Support for plone.restapi.
cache:rulesetassignments for anonymous accessible endpoints. Attention: Relies on Vary header unless plone.restapi gives up content negotiation. Latter may conflict with edge side cache not supporting the Vary header. [jensens] (66-2)
- Do not assume request or request.URL is a string. It might be None. [jensens, iham] (#59)
- Remove hopelessly outdated proxy config examples. Look at plone.recipe.varnish for excellent examples! [jensens] (#64)
- Fixed invalid escape sequences. [maurits] (#3130)
- Remove Range from request if the If-Range condition is not fulfilled [mamico] (#58)
- Minor packaging updates. (#1)
- Purging image scales of behavior fields, e.g. lead image [ksuess] (#55)
- Fix python3 related encoding error on manual purge page. [agitator] (#51)
- fix typo [vincentfretin] (#47)
- Fix controlpanel for Python 3 [petschki] (#48)
- Only fire 1 Purge() when deleting content, instead of 3 [skurfer] Detect and ignore content creation more reliably [skurfer] Also purge the parent object when something changes (since the parent probably displays a list that includes the item being changed) [skurfer] (#37)
- Removed legacy resource registries [ksuess] (#45)
- Warn after save if caching was disabled while purging is still enabled. [jensens]
- Legacy code clean-up Handling of legacy resource registries Products.ResourceRegistries removed [ksuess]
- Python 3 support [pbauer, MatthewWilkes, ale-rt]
Use plone as i18n domain in ZCML files too [erral]
Use plone as i18n domain [erral]
- Fix backslash escapes in i18nstring (poedit complains). [jensens]
- Prepare for Python 2 / 3 compatibility [b4oshany, davilima6]
- Purging all image scale paths and file paths in custom dexterity content types. [karalics]
- Fixed blank edit forms of the per ruleset parameters.
Issue 1993 <https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/issues/1993>_. [maurits]
- Fixed title and description of max age in strong caching rule for resources.
They wrongly were the same as for shared max age.
issue 1989 <https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/issues/1989>_. [maurits]
- Fix: Do not break Plone if there is no Archetypes available. [jensens]
Remove dependency on unittest2; fix tests assertions. [hvelarde]
Fixed tests when using ZODB 4. [davisagli]
- Update code to follow Plone styleguide. [gforcada]
- Code-Style: isort, utf8-headers, zca-decorators, manual cleanup. [jensens]
- Enable unload protection by using pattern class
Use plone.namedfile for test image. [didrix]
Use zope.interface decorator. [gforcada]
- Show status after synchronous purge if it is an error status. [maurits]
- Fixed deprecated imports in tests. [thet]
- Updated Site Setup link in all control panels. Fixes https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/issues/1255 [davilima6]
- fix cache settings modal settings so they do not show content inline on save. [vangheem]
Remove gzip option, silly to be done at this layer. [vangheem]
Change the category of the configlet to 'plone-advanced' [sneridagh]
- correctly create purge paths for root of site, prevent double slashes and the empty root of site(no trailing slash) not getting a purge path generated [vangheem]
update first time here warning [vangheem]
make control panel work for both plone 4 and plone 5 with tabs [vangheem]
Fixed getObjectDefaultView method to strip off leading / and/or @@. [alecghica]
Fix the portalPath used in the controlpanel for manual purging URL's. This bug resulted in rarely doing all the purging required. [puittenbroek]
Remove DL's from portal message templates. https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/issues/153 [khink]
Fix ruleset registry test isolation so that is no longer order dependent. [jone]
- Fix tests that fail on the day before the switch to daylight saving time. [pbauer]
- Use the PLONE_APP_CONTENTTYPES_FIXTURE test layer for Plone 5 compatibility. [timo]
Make it possible to set a maxage of zero in strong caching. This is an edge case since this would ordinarily be handled by moderate caching. [smcmahon]
Add some testing for weak caching operations. [smcmahon]
Fix handling of anon-only flag for cases where maxage is not zero. It was effectively ignored. Added operation test for strong caching. [smcmahon]
- Fix double purge of paths for items whose default view is the same as /view [eleddy]
- Register the plone.atobjectfields adapter not only when Products.Archetypes but also plone.app.blob is installed. [thet]
- Fixed purge paths for virtual hosting scenarios using virtual path components. [dokai]
- Provide message for newbies to suggest importing pre-defined caching rule set. [vangheem]
Add other feed types to plone.content.feed purge policy [vangheem]
Fix bug where resource registries etag is calculated incorrectly if a registry is missing. [davisagli]
12038 <http://dev.plone.org/ticket/12038>_. If transformIterable iterates on the 'result' iterable, it must return a new one. [ebrehault]
- Nothing changed yet.
Use zope.browserresource instead of zope.app.publisher. [hannosch]
Deprecated methods aliases were replaced on tests. [hvelarde]
- Fix possible test failures by logging in with the user name. Note that user id and user name (login name) can differ. [maurits]
- Fix packaging issue. [esteele]
- Handle caching of resource registries in RAM cache by not storing empty bodies in the RAMCache [eleddy with major tseaver support]
Properly handle a changed configuration from with etags to no etags by forcing a page refresh [eleddy]
When not caching with etags, don't sent an etag header to stop caching [eleddy]
When there was an error like Unauthorized, 200 status and empty body would be cached in RAMCache instead of not caching anything. This is due to a bug with Zope 2.13 publication events : response.status is not set when IPubBeforeAbort is notified. Fixed by using error_status stored on request by plone.transformchain. [gotcha]
Added 12 translation strings for ruleset's title and description. Corresponding translation strings have been added in plone.app.caching-manual.pot in PloneTranslations [giacomos]
Added 6 translation strings for caching profiles' title and description. Corresponding translation strings have been added in plone.app.caching-manual.pot in PloneTranslations [giacomos]
Changed wrong i18n domain in the messagefactory. plone.caching -> plone.app.caching. [giacomos]
userLanguageETag component in place of the language ETag component in the default configs to allow ETags to be used for anonymous users with caching. [elro]
Add the SERVER_URL to the RAM cache key. [elro]
plone.namedfile.scaling.ImageScaleto be a
Add MANIFEST.in. [WouterVH]
Fixed tests failing on Zope 2.13 due to the HTTP status no longer being included in the response headers. [davisagli]
Add an ILastModified adapter for FSPageTemplate as the FSObject adapter would otherwise take precedence. [stefan]
News Itemto the list of
purgedContentTypes, so the image field and its scales gets purged. [stefan, hannosch]
image_view_fullscreenby default with the
plone.content.itemViewruleset, since none of them is the default view of their respective content type, they didn't get the automated handling. [stefan, hannosch]
Added purging for plone.app.blob's BlobFields. [stefan, hannosch]
Fix documentation to refer to the correct
resourceRegistriesinstead of the singular version. [stefan, hannosch]
FieldRefsto manage parameter overrides. This requires plone.app.registry 1.0b3 and plone.app.registry 1.0b3 or later. [optilude]
Update distribution metadata to current best practice. [hannosch]
Added an etag component to track the existence of a copy/cut cookie [newbery]
Fixed various i18n issues. [vincentfretin]
Add an option for "anonymous only" caching to the default operations. This is a simple way to switch off caching for logged-in users. See the README for more details. [optilude]
Add basic plone.namedfile caching rules, if plone.namedfile is installed [optilude]
Implement lookup based on portal type class/interface as well as name, and set up defaults for items and folders. [optilude]
template fixes for cmf.pt compatibility [pilz]
- Initial release. [optilude, newbery, smcmahon]
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for plone.app.caching-3.0.4-py3-none-any.whl