Debug toolbar for Plone
plone.app.debugtoolbar provides a wealth of debug information about a running Plone site at your fingertips. Simply install it in your build (e.g. by adding it to the eggs list in your Buildout and re-running buildout) and install it into your Plone site.
You should now see a Debug link at the top of your site. Click it to open the debug drawer. Click on a panel to view relevant information.
- Context, showing information about the current content object
- Interactive, providing an interactive Python prompt through which you can interact with the current context (only available to users with the Manage portal permission)
- Request, showing information about the request that produced the current page
- Response, showing informationa about the response that produced the current page
- Published, showing information about the page template or view that was published
- Theme, showing information about the current theme and browser layers
- User, showing information about the current user
- Workflow, showing information about workflow and security
- Zope, showing information about how the Zope server is configured
- Versions, listing the versions of every package known to the Zope process
The debug toolbar provides a lot of information about your Plone site that you may not want the world to know. It could also have a noticable performance impact, and for users with the Manage portal permission it provides access to an interactive interpreter where arbitrary Python statements can be executed, allowing a user to bypass Zope security.
In other words: Do not install this package on your production server.
Each panels is included as a viewlet. You can register new panels using a viewlet registration like this:
<browser:viewlet name="plone.app.debugtoolbar.somepanel" manager="plone.app.debugtoolbar.browser.interfaces.IDebugToolbarViewletManager" class=".somepanel.SomePanelViewlet" template="somepanel.pt" permission="zope2.View" layer="plone.app.debugtoolbar.browser.interfaces.IDebugToolbarLayer" />
See plone.app.debugtoolbar.browser for plenty of examples of panels.
- Martin Aspeli, Author
- Giacomo Spettoli, i18n
- Leonardo Caballero, Spanish Translation, Uninstall GenericSetup profile
- Remove unittest2 dependency [kakshay21]
- Make it work in chrome, as ‘<script />’ no longer works. [jaroel]
- Fix problem with debugtoolbar panel opening on click but immediately closing again. [sunew]
- Fix imports from Globals that was removed in Zope4 [pbauer]
- Add coding headers on python files. [gforcada]
- Use zope.interface decorator. [gforcada]
- Add a plone.app.debugtoolbar.toolbar tile for displaying in plone.app.blocks layouts. [thet]
- Plone 5 compatibility: Don’t register JS and CSS but include them inline. Includes upgrade step. [thet]
- Added panel with catalog info: indexed values and metadata of the current object. [sunew]
- Fix scrollHeight for the interactive prompt for jQuery 1.7+. Now, executing code jumps again to the latest prompt message. [thet]
- Removed ‘xxx__roles__’ methods from Context / Methods viewlet and added roles + permission for each method when available. [glenfant]
- Emphasize marker interfaces in context view [glenfant]
- Provide same variables as in portal_actions in TAL tests [glenfant]
- Fix themelayer. Use IBrowserSkinType instead of generic Interface which can return an real utility instead of an iface and broke the page rendering. Skin Layer must inherits from IBrowserSkinType [toutpt]
- completed i18n support and added it translation
- add reload panel [vangheem]
- added Spanish translation and Uninstall GenericSetup profile [macagua]
- completed i18n support and added it translation [giacomos]
- replace checkboxes with mark symbols in permission matrix [gaudenz]
- permission matrix display improvements [gaudenz]
- Add interactive code debugging [optilude]
- Add TALES tester [optilude]
- Add details of context methods and attributes [optilude]
- Initial release [optilude]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|plone.app.debugtoolbar-1.1.4-py2-none-any.whl (59.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2||Mar 7, 2018|
|plone.app.debugtoolbar-1.1.4.tar.gz (41.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Mar 7, 2018|