Multilingual Catalog Indexes for Plone
Indexes optimized to query multilingual content made with plone.app.multilingual.
- tgpath Index (Translation Group Path)
- Utility and index to get the path of an item as UUIDs of its translationgroup.
- language_or_fallback Index
- Index to query items and get one fallback if not available in the current language. Fallbacks can be configured in control-panel and are stored in the registry.
- Integration with Collections
Both indexes are available in Collections and other places using plone.app.querystring under the hood. Both indexes do only need activation.
tgpath is available as a switch Language independent location. If this is selected, the normal path will be converted to a tgpath! If no path is selected this switch has no effect.
language_or_fallback is available as Fallback languages. If a path is selected together with this option, the path will be converted to a tgpath.
If the tgpath or language_or_fallback is used in a Collection, the path will be set to the portal. Thus the usal automatically added fixation to the current INavigationRoot wont be set, because language root folders are navigation roots.
Behind the scenes
- Fallback Index
It is in fact a simple FieldIndex. Fallback detection happens on index time. On query time it has the same functionality and performance as the normal Language index.
- Translation Group Index
It is in fact a normal ExtendendPathIndex. Just the path it indexes consists out of the translation group uids. If an item is not translatable and thus is not part of an translationgroup, then its normal id is taken as patyh element. Path example: /Plone/f5843e426b5d47cdb44af587b322f7ea/320b1ffbf0f64603803043d48bd57516.
In order to query the index, you need to use the translationgroup path instead of the id path:
from plone.app.multilingualindexes.tgpath import tg_path import plone.api plone.api.content.find( tgpath='/'.join(tg_path(context)), language_or_fallback=plone.api.portal.get_current_language() )
Install plone.app.multilingualindexes by adding it to your buildout:
[buildout] ... eggs = plone.app.multilingualindexes
and then running bin/buildout
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/plone/plone.app.multilingualindexes/issues
- Source Code: https://github.com/plone/plone.app.multilingualindexes
The project is licensed under the GPLv2.
- Patch that allows for using multiple paths, fixing issue https://github.com/plone/plone.app.multilingualindexes/issues/9 [gogobd]
- User PATH_INDICES as suggested by jensens [gogobd]
- Patch CMFCore because of https://github.com/zopefoundation/Products.CMFCore/issues/79 [jensens]
- Fix bugs on rename/move/delete (wrong fallbacks) [jensens]
- Drop support of Plone 5.1 [jensens]
- Python 3 compatibility [jensens]
- Refactor index to be less complex on indexing. [jensens]
- Bugfix: Use latest plone.app.multilingual and add subscribers to ensure in-/rein-/unindexing. [jensens]
- Fixing “RuntimeError: the bucket being iterated changed size” (issue #3) [gogobd]
- Depend on Products.CMFPlone instead of Plone to not fetch unnecessary dependencies. [thet]
- Initial release. [jensens]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size plone.app.multilingualindexes-2.1-py3-none-any.whl (26.8 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size plone.app.multilingualindexes-2.1.tar.gz (178.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for plone.app.multilingualindexes-2.1-py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for plone.app.multilingualindexes-2.1.tar.gz