Plone UI integration for plone.tiles
Plone’s Specific Implementation of Tiles
plone.app.tiles is Plone’s UI integration for plone.tiles.
This package contains the following things:
- A view @@add-tile, and an associated form, which can be used to create a new tile based on the tile’s schema. For transient tiles, this merely redirects to a URL with an appropriate query string. For persistent tiles, it will also save the necessary data. This will fire an IObjectCreatedEvent as well as an IObjectAddedEvent for the newly created tile (a transient object) when successfully submitted. In the case of the IObjectAddedEvent, the newParent attribute will be the tile’s context, and the newName attribute will be the tile’s id.
- The @@add-tile view, when accessed directly, allows the user to choose from all available tiles (subject to the tile’s add permission) and redirects to the appropriate @@add-tile/<tile-type> URL to configure the tile.
- A view @@edit-tile, and an associated form, which can be used to edit a tile based on the tile’s schema. This will fire an IObjectModifiedEvent for the modified tile (a transient object) when successfully submitted.
- A view @@delete-tile, and associated form, which can be used to delete a tile and associated persistent data. This can also be called by AJAX code given appropriate request parameters. This will fire an IObjectRemovedEvent for the removed tile (a transient object). The oldParent attribute will be the tile’s context, and the oldName attribute will be the tile’s id.
- A vocabulary plone.app.tiles.RegisteredTiles, which contains all registered tile types.
- A vocabulary plone.app.tiles.AvailableTiles, which contains all registered tile types, which have been registered for the current context.
- A vocabulary plone.app.tiles.AllowedTiles, which contains all registered tile types, which have been registered for the current context, and, which are currently allowed to be added (for which the current user has required add permission).
The default add and edit forms should suffice for most use cases. You can use plone.autoform to configure alternative widgets.
If you need a custom form, you can register an add view as an adapter from (context, request, tileType), where tileType is an instance providing plone.tiles.interfaces.ITileType.
The actual integration of the various views is left up to other packages (such as the Mosaic editor).
- Martin Aspeli
- Sjoerd van Elferen
- Rob Gietema
- Israel Saeta Pérez
- Timo Stollenwerk
- Florian Friesdorf
- Erico Andrei
- Alec Mitchell
- Rok Garbas
- David Glick
- Marcio Mazza
- Hector Velarde
- Add to pass extra parameters given for add-tile-traverser forward to tile add form [datakurre]
- Fieldset support in tile schemas [datakurre]
- Fix issue where tile image scaling leaked didn’t close opened files [datakurre]
- Fix issue where deprecated fieldname was passed to getAvailableSizes [datakurre]
- plone_view/mark_view was deprecated and removed in Plone 5.1. Use plone_layout/mark_view instead. [thet]
- Remove Add tile (plone.app.tiles.AddTile) permission, because it was not use by default and each tiles may have its own add permission and use existing permissions like cmf.ModifyPortalContent. [datakurre]
- Deprecate registry record plone.app.tiles. The registry record is still registered, but not used by plone.app.tiles [datakurre]
- Add CMFEditions modifier to prevent (previously broken) versioning of blobs and relations in persistent tile data (in annotations); Whenever a previous version is restored, the blob and relation versions from the current working copy version are applied for the restored version [datakurre]
- Add new vocabularies plone.app.tiles.RegisteredTiles, plone.app.tiles.AvailableTiles and plone.app.tiles.AllowedTiles to list all registered tiles, tiles available in the current context and tiles allowed to be added in the current context by the current user [datakurre]
- Add support for drafting preview when request has plone.app.drafts.interfaces.IDisplayFormDrafting (requires plone.app.drafts >= 1.1.0) [datakurre]
- Fix to use z3c.form’s applyForm() in tile add and edit forms so IDataManagers get used and complex fields are filled properly [danmur]
- Use @property instead of property(). [gforcada]
- Reformat docs and update some references. [gforcada]
- Update testing infrastructure. [gforcada]
- Fix default role assignment: Remove Reviewer and add Contributor to ‘Add Tile’ permission in rolemap.xml. [jensens]
- Remove unnecessary dependency on plone.app.blocks [datakurre]
- Fix issue where expected all drafted tiles to be mentioned in very specific layout field; Fixed to sync all drafted tiles instead [datakurre]
- Remove deprecated support for @@delete-tile/tile-id and refactor view at @@delete-tile/tile-name/tile-id into a form to support automatic CSRF protection in Plone 5 [datakurre]
- Remove status messages from tile form operations [datakurre]
- Change imagescaling data for persistent tiles to be saved into tile data instead of a separate annotation [datakurre]
- Fix issue where tile preview during drafting did not use drafting tile data for the preview [datakurre]
- Fix issue where catalog source could not properly check permissions on tile edit form with wrapping edit form tile data into acquisition wrapper [datakurre]
- Fix tile form action URLs to contain transient tile state [datakurre]
- Move tile form action info JSON in form action redirect URLs from query to fragment [datakurre]
- Remove base tag, which is removed in Plone 5 [robgietema]
- Change tile delete API to match add and edit APIs [simahawk]
- Change add traversal tile type parameter from tiletype to justa type [bloodbare]
- Add Italian translation [gborelli]
- Add nextURL as function for AddForm and DefaultEditForm for better overriding support [datakurre]
- Add to send out events after status message created [vangheem]
- Add imagescaling [ableeb, simahawk]
- Add tile editing to trigger object modified event [ableeb]
- Add AddTile-permission [tisto]
- Add support for deferred security checking for traversal (fixes #3) [cewing]
- Add tile wrapper template for reusable common tile structure [garbas]
- Fix to not crash when plone.app.tiles-registry contains missing tiles [datakurre]
- Fix issues with changed plone overlay API [garbas]
- PEP8, coverage, packaging and test fixes [garbas, gforcada, hvelarde, jfroche, tisto]
- Remove custom classes (klass) option from tile base schema [vangheem]
- fixing 1.0 release which was broken (missing README.rst) [garbas]
- initial release. [garbas]