Run arbitrary commands from buildout
The plone.recipe.command buildout recipe allows you to run a command when a buildout part is installed or updated. It is very easy to use:
[buildout] parts = command [command] recipe = plone.recipe.command command = cat README.txt
This configures a buildout part called command which lists the contents of README.txt when it is installed.
Unless otherwise specified all commands are run in the directory in which buildout is invoked. Commands have to be present in the PATH or be specified using an absolute pathname.
The following options are supported:
- Command to run when the buildout part is installed.
- Command to run when the buildout part is updated. This happens when buildout is run but the configuration for this buildout part has not changed.
- A list of filesystem paths that buildout should consider as being managed by this buildout part. These will be removed when buildout (re)installs or removes this part.
- When yes, on or true, buildout will stop if the command ends with a non zero exit code.
1.1 - 2010-02-25
- Added stop-on-error option to stop buildout on non zero return code of the command. [fschulze]
- Use subprocess instead of os.system. [fschulze]
1.0 - 2007-09-14
- Initial release.