plugin and hook calling mechanisms for python
pluggy - A minimalist production ready plugin system
Please read the docs to learn more!
A definitive example
import pluggy hookspec = pluggy.HookspecMarker("myproject") hookimpl = pluggy.HookimplMarker("myproject") class MySpec(object): """A hook specification namespace. """ @hookspec def myhook(self, arg1, arg2): """My special little hook that you can customize. """ class Plugin_1(object): """A hook implementation namespace. """ @hookimpl def myhook(self, arg1, arg2): print("inside Plugin_1.myhook()") return arg1 + arg2 class Plugin_2(object): """A 2nd hook implementation namespace. """ @hookimpl def myhook(self, arg1, arg2): print("inside Plugin_2.myhook()") return arg1 - arg2 # create a manager and add the spec pm = pluggy.PluginManager("myproject") pm.add_hookspecs(MySpec) # register plugins pm.register(Plugin_1()) pm.register(Plugin_2()) # call our ``myhook`` hook results = pm.hook.myhook(arg1=1, arg2=2) print(results)
pluggy 0.8.0 (2018-10-15)
- #177: Add get_hookimpls() method to hook callers.
pluggy 0.7.1 (2018-07-28)
Deprecations and Removals
- #116: Deprecate the implprefix kwarg to PluginManager and instead expect users to start using explicit HookimplMarker everywhere.
- #123: Document how exceptions are handled and how the hook call loop terminates immediately on the first error which is then delivered to any surrounding wrappers.
- #136: Docs rework including a much better introduction and comprehensive example set for new users. A big thanks goes out to @obestwalter for the great work!
- #117: Break up the main monolithic package modules into separate modules by concern
- #131: Automate setuptools wheels building and PyPi upload using TravisCI.
- #153: Reorganize tests more appropriately by modules relating to each internal component/feature. This is in an effort to avoid (future) duplication and better separation of concerns in the test set.
- #156: Add HookImpl.__repr__() for better debugging.
- #66: Start using towncrier and a custom tox environment to prepare releases!
pluggy 0.7.0 (Unreleased)
- #160: We discovered a deployment issue so this version was never released to PyPI, only the tag exists.
pluggy 0.6.0 (2017-11-24)
- Add CI testing for the features, release, and master branches of pytest (PR #79).
- Document public API for _Result objects passed to wrappers (PR #85).
- Document and test hook LIFO ordering (PR #85).
- Turn warnings into errors in test suite (PR #89).
- Deprecate _Result.result (PR #88).
- Convert _Multicall to a simple function distinguishing it from the legacy version (PR #90).
- Resolve E741 errors (PR #96).
- Test and bug fix for unmarked hook collection (PRs #97 and #102).
- Drop support for EOL Python 2.6 and 3.3 (PR #103).
- Fix inspect based arg introspection on py3.6 (PR #94).
pluggy 0.5.2 (2017-09-06)
- fix bug where firstresult wrappers were being sent an incorrectly configured _Result (a list was set instead of a single value). Add tests to check for this as well as _Result.force_result() behaviour. Thanks to @tgoodlet for the PR #72.
- fix incorrect getattr of DeprecationWarning from the warnings module. Thanks to @nicoddemus for the PR #77.
- hide pytest tracebacks in certain core routines. Thanks to @nicoddemus for the PR #80.
pluggy 0.5.1 (2017-08-29)
pluggy 0.5.0 (2017-08-28)
- fix bug where callbacks for historic hooks would not be called for already registered plugins. Thanks @vodik for the PR and @hpk42 for further fixes.
- fix #17 by considering only actual functions for hooks this removes the ability to register arbitrary callable objects which at first glance is a reasonable simplification, thanks @RonnyPfannschmidt for report and pr.
- fix #19: allow registering hookspecs from instances. The PR from @tgoodlet also modernized the varnames implementation.
- resolve #32: split up the test set into multiple modules. Thanks to @RonnyPfannschmidt for the PR and @tgoodlet for the initial request.
- resolve #14: add full sphinx docs. Thanks to @tgoodlet for PR #39.
- add hook call mismatch warnings. Thanks to @tgoodlet for the PR #42.
- resolve #44: move to new-style classes. Thanks to @MichalTHEDUDE for PR #46.
- add baseline benchmarking/speed tests using pytest-benchmark in PR #54. Thanks to @tgoodlet.
- update the README to showcase the API. Thanks to @tgoodlet for the issue and PR #55.
- deprecate __multicall__ and add a faster call loop implementation. Thanks to @tgoodlet for PR #58.
- raise a comprehensible error when a hookimpl is called with positional args. Thanks to @RonnyPfannschmidt for the issue and @tgoodlet for PR #60.
- fix the firstresult test making it more complete and remove a duplicate of that test. Thanks to @tgoodlet for PR #62.
pluggy 0.4.0 (2016-09-25)
- add has_plugin(name) method to pluginmanager. thanks @nicoddemus.
- fix #11: make plugin parsing more resilient against exceptions from __getattr__ functions. Thanks @nicoddemus.
- fix issue #4: specific HookCallError exception for when a hook call provides not enough arguments.
- better error message when loading setuptools entrypoints fails due to a VersionConflict. Thanks @blueyed.
pluggy 0.3.1 (2015-09-17)
- avoid using deprecated-in-python3.5 getargspec method. Thanks @mdboom.
pluggy 0.3.0 (2015-05-07)
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pluggy-0.8.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (17.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pluggy-0.8.0.tar.gz (53.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pluggy-0.8.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl