An application that generates RSS feeds for podcast episodes from local audio files and, optionally, exposes both via a built-in web server
Podcats generates RSS feeds for podcast episodes from local audio files and, optionally, exposes both the feed and episodes via a built in web server, so that they can be conveniently imported into iTunes, Overcast or another podcast client.
$ pip install podcats
Generate a podcast RSS from audio files stored in my/offline/podcasts:
$ podcats generate my/offline/podcasts
Generate & serve the feed as well as the files at http://localhost:5000.
$ podcats serve my/offline/podcasts
A web interface is available at http://localhost:5000/web.
You can also generate the html for the web interface.
$ podcats generate_html my/offline/podcasts
For more options see podcats --help.
- Fixed missing templates in PyPI package.
- Find and show eventual book covers in web interface (@tiktuk)
- Added a web interface (@tiktuk)
- Support m4b-files (@tiktuk)
- Added --debug flag (@tiktuk)
- Feed now validates against RSS spec (@tiktuk)
- Fixed setup.py for Python 3 (@ymomoi)
- Added Python 3 support
- Improved episode ID tag title extraction (@ymomoi)
- Replaced --url with --host and --port (@ymomoi)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size podcats-0.6.3.tar.gz (6.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|