PQDM is a TQDM and concurrent futures wrapper to allow enjoyable paralellization of progress bars.
PQDM is a TQDM and concurrent futures wrapper to allow enjoyable paralellization of iterating through an Iterable with a progress bar.
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: https://pqdm.readthedocs.io.
Install & Use
pip install pqdm
from pqdm.processes import pqdm # If you want threads instead: # from pqdm.threads import pqdm args = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] # args = range(1,6) would also work def square(a): return a*a result = pqdm(args, square, n_jobs=2)
For more examples variants check the Usage section of the docs.
- parellize your tqdm runs using processes or threads thanks to concurrent.futures,
- just import pqdm from pqdm.threads or pqdm.processes to start,
- automatic usage of tqdm.notebook when iPython/Jupyter notebook environment detected,
- automatic parsing of pqdm kwargs and separating between concurrent.Executor args and tqdm args,
- support for any iterable and passing items as kwargs, args or directly to function which is being applied
- support bounded exectutors via https://github.com/mowshon/bounded_pool_executor
- Some updates in progress reporting and documentation.
- First release on PyPI.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pqdm-0.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (6.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pqdm-0.1.0.tar.gz (11.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|