Python Runtime and Integrated Development Environment
Q: What is it?
- A: An application framework. Programs written with pride tend to be very concise
- yet very capable.
Q: What features does it offer?
- A: Most features are aimed at productivity and an improving minimum standard of quality.
- Automatically generated documentation (docstrings and websites) - zero config
- Automatically generated command line argument parsers - zero config
- Automatic verbosity handling and logging
- Simple mutex free concurrency
- Objects can be updated from source at runtime without pausing or stopping execution
- Application state can be saved/loaded
- A concurrent interactive shell that reduces/eliminates the need for a debugger
- Simple, secure remote procedure calls with authenticated clients/servers.
remote object access requires zero config, aside from username/password setup.
Q: Where can I learn more?
- A: Investigate https://github.com/erose1337/pride or jump straight into the documentation
- at http://erose1337.github.io/pride/
Q: What are the dependencies?
- A: Python 2.7+ is required. optional modules require additional dependencies:
- Low level audio support requires pyalsaaudio on linux or pyaudio otherwise
- SDL support requires SDL2.0 and pysdl2