A command-line manager for archiving and retrieving projects.
A command-line folder manager for archiving and restoring a long-term set of projects.
- Free software: BSD license
- Documentation: https://proj.readthedocs.org.
proj assumes the following working setup:
- You have a directory of active projects that you’re working on (e.g. ~/Projects)
- You have a directory of inactive projects, your archive (e.g. ~/Archive)
Given this setup, proj helps you add and remove projects from your archive, and keeps your archive organised in <year>/<quarter> subfolders, based on when each project was last worked on.
Install the package with pip:
pip install proj
Then, tell proj where your archive directory is, by creating a ~/.proj.yml file
You can enable compression for archives by adding more directives to the YAML file:
compression: true compression_format: bztar
The supported formats are: tar, gztar, bztar and zip.
Use proj to get rid of clutter in your main directory of projects by archiving ones that aren’t being worked on. Proj will detect when you last made a change and file it accordingly.
$ ls cocktails-that-are-blue news-for-llamas old-crusty-project $ proj archive old-crusty-project old-crusty-project -> /Users/lars/Archive/2012/q3/old-crusty-project $ ls cocktails-that-are-blue news-for-llamas $ proj list 2012/q3/old-crusty-project
Now we’ve archived this project, but we can restore it at any time.
$ proj restore old-crusty-project /Users/lars/Archive/2012/q3/old-crusty-project -> old-crusty-project $ ls cocktails-that-are-blue news-for-llamas old-crusty-project
- proj archive: archive a project to an appropriate directory
- proj restore: restore a project from the archive
- proj list: search the archive for a project
- Moved to Python 3.x only support to allow type hinting
- Move to a config file rather than environment variables
- Support compression for archiving and restoring
- First release on PyPI.
- Archive, restore and search features.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size proj-0.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (8.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size proj-0.2.0.tar.gz (19.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|