A command-line folder manager for many projects.
A command-line folder manager for archiving old projects.
- Free software: BSD license
- Documentation: https://proj.readthedocs.org.
proj assumes the following working setup:
- You have a directory of active projects that you’re working on (e.g. ~/Projects)
- You have a directory of inactive projects, your archive (e.g. ~/Archive)
Given this setup, proj helps you add and remove projects from your archive, and keeps your archive organised in <year>/<quarter> subfolders, based on when each project was last worked on.
Install the package with pip:
pip install git+git://github.com/larsyencken/proj
Then, tell proj where your archive directory is, by adding a line to your .bashrc or .zshrc file:
Use proj to get rid of clutter in your main directory of projects by archiving ones that aren’t being worked on. Proj will detect when you last made a change and file it accordingly.
$ ls cocktails-that-are-blue news-for-llamas old-crusty-project $ proj archive old-crusty-project old-crusty-project -> /Users/lars/Archive/2012/q3/old-crusty-project $ ls cocktails-that-are-blue news-for-llamas $ proj list 2012/q3/old-crusty-project
Now we’ve archived this project, but we can restore it at any time.
$ proj restore old-crusty-project /Users/lars/Archive/2012/q3/old-crusty-project -> old-crusty-project $ ls cocktails-that-are-blue news-for-llamas old-crusty-project
- proj archive: archive a project to an appropriate directory
- proj restore: restore a project from the archive
- proj list: search the archive for a project
- First release on PyPI.
- Archive, restore and search features.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, Size & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||File Type||Python Version||Upload Date|
(5.9 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Wheel||3.4||Oct 16, 2014|
(14.3 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Source||None||Oct 16, 2014|