A small example package
Made by [Esther Vendrell]
Last updated: July 2019
Projest is my first program. Consist in introduce the name of a protein and obtain information about that as the most similar protein, the differents models it has or the atoms. All the information you can obtain comes from: https://www.rcsb.org/
The main file is protein.py. In spite of main functions are in extract_atoms_information.py - load protein pdb or load protein fasta - the rest of functions are in protein. In this way we will have functions directly linked to protein like: Protein("2ki5").get_similar_protein() -> We will obtain fasta file, pdb file, all the information of protein in mongodb (in the init) and the similar protein of each chain.
There are 7 functions:
- get_sequence_aminoacids: in Protein. Returns a list with chain and the sequence of aminoacids (1 letter). From fasta file.
- get_chain_list: in Protein. Return a list with the differents chains there are.
- get_aminoacid_list: in Protein. Return a list with the differents aminoacids (3 letters) with the differents sequence numbers classified in chains
- get_similar_protein: in Protein. Return a dictionary with differents chains and the most similar protein of that chain of the protein.
- general_dictionary: in Protein. Any return. It inserts in mongodb all the information classified. It is not callable.
- load_protein_pdb: in extract_atoms_information. Returns the pdb file of the protein. Download the pdb file of the protein in the same directory of the files.
- load_protein_fasta: in extract_atoms_information. Returns the fasta file of the protein.Download the fasta file of the protein in the same directory of the files.
I could have used an other structure to upload all the information to MongoDB: Protein - Model - residue_sequence_number - atom_number - information atom.
Class Model: def init(self, model_identifier, model_dict): self.model_identifier = model_identifier self.chain_list =  for chain_identifier, value in model_dict: self.chain_list.append(Chain(chain_identifier))
In this way we obtain information from mongodb. This would be easier but I haven't had enough time since I have realized.
The structure of my project is: Portein - Model - residue_name - residue_sequence_number - element_name - atom_name - information atom.
This is more easy to understand the information we are getting and classified it. This is why I have used this structure. Visually is better but for obtaining this information internally it is worse.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size projest-0.0.7-py3-none-any.whl (9.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size projest-0.0.7.tar.gz (7.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|