psycopg2 integration with coroutine libraries
The psycogreen package enables psycopg2 to work with coroutine libraries, using asynchronous calls internally but offering a blocking interface so that regular code can run unmodified.
Psycopg offers coroutines support since release 2.2. Because the main module is a C extension it cannot be monkey-patched to become coroutine-friendly. Instead it exposes a hook that coroutine libraries can use to install a function integrating with their event scheduler. Psycopg will call the function whenever it executes a libpq call that may block. psycogreen is a collection of “wait callbacks” useful to integrate Psycopg with different coroutine libraries.
pip install psycogreen
If for any reason you want to avoid using Eventlet monkeypatching you can use psycogreen.eventlet.patch_psycopg().
- Function psycogreen.eventlet.patch_psycopg()
- Enable async processing in Psycopg integrated with the Eventlet events loop. It is performed by registering eventlet_wait_callback() as psycopg2 wait callback.
- Function psycogreen.eventlet.eventlet_wait_callback(conn)
- A wait callback integrating with Eventlet events loop.
An example script showing concurrent usage of psycopg2 with urlopen() with Eventlet is available in tests/test_eventlet.py.
In order to use psycopg2 asynchronously with gevent you can use psycogreen.gevent.patch_psycopg().
- Function psycogreen.gevent.patch_psycopg()
- Enable async processing in Psycopg integrated with the gevent events loop. It is performed by registering gevent_wait_callback() as psycopg2 wait callback.
- Function psycogreen.gevent.gevent_wait_callback(conn)
- A wait callback integrating with gevent events loop.
An example script showing concurrent usage of psycopg2 with urlopen() with gevent is available in tests/test_gevent.py.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size psycogreen-1.0.2.tar.gz (5.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|