Python Mini Shell
This package provides helper functions to simplify the writing of platform-independent sh-like scripts in Python.
Full documentation can be found at Read-the-Docs, the source for which is in the docs folder.
Using this package
Either fetch this package directly from Git, or pull it from the Python Packaging index.
Pip-install from Git:
pip install -U git+https://bitbucket.org/ltunmer/py_mini_sh.git
Pip-install from PyPI:
pip install -U py_mini_sh
The package is not quite available on pypi.org yet.
The script used to develop and test this component uses the py_mini_sh itself. To start development of this component, follow these steps:
Clone this repo onto a machine from https://bitbucket.org/ltunmer/py_mini_sh.git:
git clone https://bitbucket.org/ltunmer/py_mini_sh.git
Cd to the py_mini_sh folder and run the buildall script in this folder:
The argument specifies which version of Python you wish to use. 27, 34, 35, and 36 are supported.
This buildall script will perform the following steps:
- Builds a virtualenv derived from the specified version of Python.
- Installs the py_mini_sh package into this virtualenv in “develop” mode.
- Builds the documentation into the SHIP folder.
- Runs pylint over the source and fails if the results are worse than the previous run.
- Runs pytest tests which generate a coverage report into the SHIP folder.
- Builds the bdist_wheel for this package into the SHIP folder.
This software is made available under the MIT License (see LICENSE.txt).
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size py_mini_sh-0.1.1.tar.gz (6.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|