Python library for Passbolt, an open-source manager for teams
👩 This project is part of the passbolt "lab"! ⚗️ It is used to illustrate an article or as a conversation starter. 🧪 Use at your own risks!
Copyright & License
(c) 2021 Passbolt SA
Passbolt is registered trademark of Passbolt S.A.
MIT No Attribution - https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT-0
You can also use python-gnupg if needed but it is not the default.
How to install
python -m pip install py-passbolt
How to use
config.json configuration file
Basically, create a
config.json file containing needed configuration. You will find samples:
Then have a look at https://gitlab.com/AnatomicJC/py-passbolt/-/blob/main/example.py python script.
- PASSBOLT_BASE_URL: Your passbolt URL
- PASSBOLT_PRIVATE_KEY: Your passbolt private key in one-line format (See below about how to format)
- PASSBOLT_PASSPHRASE: Your passbolt passphrase
- PASSBOLT_GPG_BINARY (Optional): path to your gpg binary, default to "gpg"
- PASSBOLT_GPG_LIBRARY: Set this to gnupg, otherwise it will be the default "PGPy"
- PASSBOLT_FINGERPRINT: The OpenPGP key fingerprint to use
How to set OpenPGP key in config.json or environment variables
sed -z 's/\n/\\n/g' private.asc
gnu-sed with brew:
$ brew install gnu-sed
Use gsed instead of sed:
gsed -z 's/\n/\\n/g' private.asc
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.