ISO8583 python library
#py8583 ###Python library implementing the ISO-8583 banking protocol
This is an implementation of the de-facto protocol for banking applications, iso8583.
#### Status: Things working:
- iso-8583/1987 parsing and building
- Support of BCD/Binary/ASCII variations in field lengths and field data (where applicable)
- Python 2.7 and 3.x support
Things that will work (aka TODO List):
- Proper documentation
- Fully automated unit testing
- 1993 and 2003 specifications of the protocol
Things that might work (aka Wishlist):
- Predefined (and ready to use) popular implementations
- EBCDIC support
#### How to use: The module’s external module dependencies are:
- enum34 (for python < 3.4)
This paragraph will eventually have some basic/quick examples too. Until then, please have a look at the IsoHost.py file which contains a simple server which waits for ISO messages, parses them and replies in a hardcoded manner.
#### License: All the work is licensed under LGPL 2.1. Since LGPL is not very python focused, as the copyright holder, my intentions basically boil down to:
- You are allowed to use the library as an API in closed source code without it being considered derivative work
- You are NOT allowed to modify the library itself without publishing the changes in a compatible license
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size py8583-1.3-py2.py3-none-any.whl (18.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size py8583-1.3.tar.gz (18.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|