A Python interface to the SCATMECH library
# pySCATMECH Package
pySCATMECH is a Python interface to SCATMECH: Polarized Light Scattering C++ Class Library.
SCATMECH is an object-oriented C++ class library developed to distribute models for light scattering applications. Included in the library are models for diffuse surface scattering that predict the bidirectional reflectance distribution function (BRDF), codes for calculating scattering by isolated particles, and codes for reflection, transmission, and diffraction from gratings. Emphasis has been given to those diffuse scatter models that are physics-based and which predict the polarization properties of the scattered light. The library also includes a number of classes that are useful for working with polarized light or the optics of thin films. The library is designed to enable expansion of new models.
See [https://pages.nist.gov/SCATMECH/index.htm](https://pages.nist.gov/SCATMECH/index.htm) for full SCATMECH documentation.
## pySCATMECH Modules
PySCATMECH contains nine modules:
- mueller - Tools for handling Mueller matrices, Stokes vectors, Jones matrices, and Jones vectors
- model - Tools for handling the SCATMECH::Model class, which handles generic models
- fresnel - Tools for handling optical functions, thin films, and reflection and transmission coefficients
- brdf - Tools for handling bidirectional reflectance distribution function (BRDF) models (SCATMECH::BRDF_Model)
- local - Tools for handling differential scattering cross-section (DSC) models of local defects on surfaces (SCATMECH::Local_BRDF_Model)
- rcw - Tools for handling rigorous couple wave (RCW) analysis of 1D periodic gratings (SCATMECH::RCW_Model)
- crossrcw - Tools for handling RCW analysis of 2D periodic gratings (SCATMECH::CrossRCW_Model)
- scatterer - Tools for handling free-space scattering functions (SCATMECH::FreeSpaceScatterer)
- integrate - Tools for integrating BRDF or DSC models
See [https://pages.nist.gov/pySCATMECH/index.htm](https://pages.nist.gov/pySCATMECH/index.htm) for full pySCATMECH documentation.
To install pySCATMECH, run
`pip install pySCATMECH`
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pySCATMECH-0.1.1-cp37-cp37m-win_amd64.whl (779.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version cp37||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pySCATMECH-0.1.1-cp37-cp37m-win_amd64.whl