A simple static site generator.
Why another one? There are many static site generators already. I found most to be way too complicated, too many conventions and rules: put this here or there, call it this or that. It was too tiring to keep up.
PyBlue is different. Everything is optional, nothing is required, use only what you need. It basically stays out of the way.
Simple things are very easy:
- No configuration required.
- Works with any existing site.
- Easy to include markdown.
- Easy linking to other pages.
- Tiny codebase, pyblue is around 500 lines in a single file!
Complicated tasks are easy:
- PyBlue generates the correct links even if you move pages around.
- Use Django Templates and all the features that it offers.
- Easily add data into each page (title, link name, or any arbitrary content).
And you can go all the way out if you really want to:
- Load python modules into each page.
- Exposed data: database queries, results of online requests etc.
- Run python code, access and modify data from inside of each page.
- Extend the Django templates. Add your own templatetags.
- The PyBlue Documentation was generated with PyBlue itself.
You can also browse the help in source format for examples.
pip install pyblue --upgrade
Or download it from the PyBlue at PyPI.
Launch pyblue to serve a directory
pyblue -r docs
View your site by visiting http:://localhost:8080
Edit your pages and make changes. Reload the page to see your edits live. Generate static output with:
pyblue -r docs -o html
That’s all. Told you it was simple. To see extra help on options run:
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyblue-2019.4.2.tar.gz (4.0 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|