yet another library of debsign
debsign is a command of devscripts that sign a Debian .changes and .dsc file pare using GPG,
the command cannot use in environment witout TTY, for example invokeking by CI.
I had tried to use debsign from
subprocess module of Python as follow,
but entering passphrase prompt is always returned.
It was the same in the case of using gnupg-agent and keyring.:
>>> import subprocess >>> import shlex >>> command0 = 'echo -e "%s\n%s\n"' % (`passphrase`, `passphrase`) >>> command1 = '/usr/bin/debsign -k %s %s' % (`keyid`, `.changes`) >>> process0 = subprocess.Popen(shlex.split(command0), ... stdin=subprocess.PIPE, ... stdout=subprocess.PIPE, ... stderr=subprocess.PIPE) >>> process1 = subprocess.Popen(shlex.split(command1), ... stdin=process0.stdout, ... stdout=subprocess.PIPE, ... stderr=subprocess.PIPE) >>> stdout, stderr = process.communicate()
So, I decided to make a Python library to do the same behavior debsign.
- It is enable to sign
.dscfiles with GPG without the input of interactive passphrase.
- It can also be used by a user can not login shell on the CI, such as Jenkins.
- Debian system, or the system derived from Debian.
- Debian GNU/Linux Wheezy
- Debian GNU/Linux Jessie/Sid
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Debian package as follows;
- python (= python2.7) or python3
- Python packages as follows;
- python_gnupg (as debian package is python-gnupg or python3-gnupg)
- python_debian (as debian package is python-debian or python3-debian)
- chardet (as debian package is python-chardet or python3-chardet)
>>> from pydebsign import debsign >>> debsign.debsign_process('/path/to/some.changes', passphrase='secretkey')
When use another GPG Keyring instead of default GPG keyring;:
>>> from pydebsign import debsign >>> debsign.debsign_process('/path/to/some.changes', passphrase='secretkey', ... keyid='keyid', gnupghome='/path/to/gpghome')
- Changes Sphinx theme to sphinx_rtd_theme.
- Merge pull request #9 from mkouhei/travis-packages
- Adds execute apt-get update.
- Enabled sudo explicitly.
- Unsupported Python 3.2
- Added Sphinx documents and applied Read the docs
- Migrated pep8, pyflakes, pychecker, pylint to Tox
- Fixed #6 dput check local section is failed
- Unsupported Python2.6
- Fixed #3 cannot decode umlaut.
- Resolved the backward compatibility for python_gnupg 0.3.0 (Wheezy version).
- Initial release
- Adding command line interface.