Astropy affiliated package
This package consists of Python replacements for functions that are part of the IDL® built-in library or part of astronomical IDL® libraries. The emphasis is on reproducing results of the astronomical library functions. Only the bare minimum of IDL® built-in functions are implemented to support this.
There are four astronomical libraries targeted:
- idlutils : a general suite of tools heavily used by SDSS.
- Goddard utilities : The IDL® Astronomy User’s Libary, maintained by Wayne Landsman and distributed with idlutils.
- idlspec2d : tools for working with SDSS, BOSS and eBOSS spectroscopic data.
- photoop : tools for working with SDSS imaging data.
Please visit PyDL on Read the Docs
This package was initially developed on the SDSS-III svn repository. It was moved to the new GitHub repository on 2013-03-06. The present location of the repository is http://github.com/weaverba137/pydl .
PyDL is free software licensed under a 3-clause BSD-style license. For details see the licenses/LICENSE.rst file.
- IDL is a registered trademark of Harris Geospatial Solutions.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pydl-0.7.0.tar.gz (798.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|