Python API for Nest Thermostat - Edited
pyenest is the above, Edited by Eugene Efremov, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ‘nest.py’ can be imported and used programmatically by passing parameters identifying specific structures and devices, meant for setups where you have multiples or want to be agnostic.
- pip install pyenest will do you right.
- This is distributed unider the Creative Commons 3.0 Non-commecrial, Attribution, Share-Alike license. You can use the code for noncommercial purposes. You may NOT sell it. If you do use it, then you must make an attribution to me (i.e. Include my name and thank me for the hours I spent on this)
- Chris Burris’s Siri Nest Proxy was very helpful to learn the nest’s
- authentication and some bits of the protocol.
- Scott Baker’s nest.py, which I (Eugene Efremov) shamelessly bastardized, was irreplaceable
- and without it I likely wouldn’t have done any of this.