automatic code formatter for python following pep8 using baron FST, like gofmt
``Pyfmt`` is in its early stage of developpement, it already do a good job at formatting most of python code but it doesn’t handle yet splitting a too long line and might end up putting back into one line a line that you have split. But it should be fine for ~80% of the cases.
Feedback is very welcome.
You can see it in action here.
PyFmt can be installed using $ pip install pyfmt
pyfmt file.py # output to standard output pyfmt -i file.py # replace the content of the file, like -i of sed
from pyfmt import format_code format_code(source_code)
You can reach us on irc.freenode.net#baron
You can run the tests using $ py.test test_pyfmt.py
Things that pyfmt do (if it’s not already done in the code):
- render ALL nodes of the python language according to the pep8
- if a datastructure is indented, keep the indentation and indent it according to the pep8
- put 2 spaces before comments after code, put a space after the “#” of the comment (don’t do for shebang)
- split compound statements written on one line on two lines (example: if a: pass -> if a:\n pass”, same for every other statements that wait for a block of code)
- replace stuff by repr(stuff)
- split multiple import across multiple lines
- replace tabs with space
- correctly indent the whole file using 4 spaces
- convert windows '\r\n’ to '\n'
- if not present, put two blank lines around functions or class definitions at the root level of the file
- if not present, put one blank line around method definition in a class
- replace <> with !=
Things that pyfmt don’t do or don’t do yet and that can be annoying:
- properly formatting the content of a “from x import (lot of stuff)”
- properly splitting too long lines, it may ends up putting back on one line a splited line
- removing extra blank lines
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|pyfmt-0.1-py2.7.egg (6.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.7||Sep 7, 2014|
|pyfmt-0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (8.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7||Sep 7, 2014|
|pyfmt-0.1.tar.gz (6.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Sep 7, 2014|