Use Periscope with Python.
PyPeri makes getting data out of Periscope easy, with a sane and understandable API.
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: https://pyperi.readthedocs.io.
- Python 3
- Easy to understand API
- Fully tested & documented
Functionality so far:
- Get information about Users
- Get information about Broadcasts
- Get a User’s Broadcast history
Periscope is pretty neat, but it’s difficult to get information out of it in a programatic way. Getting answers to simple questions like: “How many broadcasts did our client do this week” is not trivial, and in-depth analysis is pretty tough. This project is an attempt to make the lives of people who dip into Digital Marketing a little better.
PyPeri attempts to do this by providing a sane interface, and hides some of the tedium of using Periscope’s API. For example, Periscope makes doing simple things, like getting a list of a User’s past Broadcasts a 2-step process:
- Request a short-lived API session key from the Periscope Web Interface
- Use the session key on the Periscope API Interface using the getUserBroadcastsPublic endpoint.
PyPeri simplifies this considerably:
>>> from pyperi import Peri >>> pp = Peri() >>> history = pp.get_user_broadcast_history(username='george_clinton')
Install via pip:
$ pip install pyperi
>>> from pyperi import Peri >>> pp = Peri() >>> history = pp.get_user_broadcast_history(username='george_clinton') >>> print(history['status']) #George Clinton listening to music in houston
Full documentation is available here: https://pyperi.readthedocs.io
PyPeri is free software, distributed under the MIT license.
- URL parsing with parse_periscope_url
- Get a User’s Broadcast history with get_user_broadcast_history
- Rename PyPeri class to Peri
- First release on PyPI.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyperi-0.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (6.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 3.5||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pyperi-0.2.0.tar.gz (112.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pyperi-0.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl