Library for working with the PuppetDB REST API.
This library is a thin wrapper around the REST API providing some convenience functions and objects to request and hold data from PuppetDB.
- PuppetDB 5.2 or newer
- Python 3.7-3.11
(For support of the older PuppetDB or Python versions please check previous library version.)
You can install this package from PyPI with:
pip install pypuppetdb
Please see the contribution guide here.
This project is licensed under the Apache v2.0 License.
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
Merged pull requests:
- CI: Run on PRs and merges #252 (bastelfreak)
- purge not required empty newlines #242 (bastelfreak)
- add dummy CI job we can depend on #241 (bastelfreak)
- add dependabot config #240 (bastelfreak)
- Update sphinx requirement from <6.0,>=4.3 to >=4.3,<8.0 #239 (dependabot[bot])
- Update urllib3 requirement from <2.0,>=1.26 to >=1.26,<3.0 #238 (dependabot[bot])
- Modernize the code #235 (gdubicki)
- Confirm support for Python 3.11 (final).
This is a maintenance release.
The major version is bumped because of:
- dropped support for PuppetDBs < 5.2.0 (Puppet 4 has reached its end-of-life in October 2018),
- dropped support for Python 3.6 (end-of-life in December 2021),
- the required Requests version bumped to the current latest.
- Remove harmful terminology, following the Puppetlabs components name changes (#216)
- Use built-in unittest.mock instead of mock (#228)
- Build and test dependencies updates.
Thanks to the following contributors of this release: @pgajdos.
- Fix TypeError exception thrown by
BaseAPI._query()when using debug logging.
Thanks to Ben Roberts for his contribution!
- Python 3.10 added as a supported version (#213)
- Added PQL support with
pql()method (PR #201, fixes #167)
- Added ability to specify additional queries when using
- Improve the documentation (even more ;)) (PR #206, fixes #143 and #129)
- Fixed creating
- Python 3.9 added as a supported version (#203)
- Added support for
- Added explicit
- Improved the documentation on Read the Docs and in the project's README (#190)
- Loosen requirements and drop six
- Bugfix: Fixed metric() function to query the new v2 endpoint based on Jolokia (https://jolokia.org/reference/html/protocol.html)
- Added a new parameter metric_api_version to the BaseAPI() constructor that allows changing the version of the metric API being queried. Valid values are 'v1' for PuppetDB <= 6.9.0, 'v2' for PuppetDB >= 6.9.1 or None which defaults to 'v2'.
- Added a mew parameter version to the metric() function that allows overriding the version of the metric API being queried for that individual call. If nothing is specified it will default to the self.metric_api_version of the class, else it expects a value of 'v1' or 'v2' same as the metric_api_version class parameter.
- Added new payload parameter to _query() to allow users to send arbitrary payloads with their queries (useful for debugging).
- Dropping old python 2.7/3.5 and ensuring 3 latest versions are supported
- Adding mypy + cleanup + further removal of python2 code
- Bugfix: Httpretty is not used outside tests and breaks install on newer python versions for some systems
- Add option to get nodes without using event-counts
- define the project status as stable
- bundle requirements-test.txt in python package
- deduplicate dependencylist
- QueryBuilder.py: Use native data structures for internal representation
- Add support for the Command API, /pdb/cmd/v1. Added _cmd alongside _query to minimise changes to original code
- Bump dependencies
- QueryBuilder: Added support for FromOperator, arrays and FromOperator
- New endpoint: status
- POST query in request body
- Simplify JSON encoding for POST
- Upload and publish is built in to setuptools
- Add support for authentication with tokens
- Fix bug with parsing results from inventory endpoint
- Fixed noop puppet runs reporting unchanged instead of noop.
- Fixed unreported nodes shown as 'noop' in puppetdb > 4.1.0.
- Add Inventory API endpoint for PuppetDB 4.2.0.
- Support for producer field on catalogs, facts and report types.
- Fixed a datetime related bug in pypuppetdb.api.nodes() that caused all returned nodes to be an unreported status
- New QueryBuilder module allows users to build PuppetDB queries in an Object-Oriented fashion.
- Adding support for new fields provided in PuppetDB 4.1.0.
- Removed deprecation of pypuppetdb.types.Report.events(). Expanded resource events data timestamps are not parseable.
- Escaping additional path parameters passed to _url() with urllib.quote
- Fixed URL Encoding found when querying the specific value of a macaddress fact.
- Adding support for PuppetDB 4.0.0 information. Namely Adding a catalog_uuid attribute to the Catalog type object. Adding code_id, catalog_uuid and cached_catalog_status attributes to the Report type object.
- Removing unneeded sudo option from .travis.yml, this gave unnecessary warning in the test environment.
- Updating the files under docs/ so https://pypuppetdb.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ can be updated
- Deprecating pypuppetdb.types.Report.events() in favour of the new events list variable.
- Renaming test-requirements.txt to requirements.txt
- Adding a version comparison utility function using examples provided in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1714027/version-number-comparison
- Adding a new variable latest_report_hash to the Node object. Default None but is given a real value from the field of the same name in the Nodes endpoint available in PuppetDB 3.2 or higher.
- Allowing support for 'GET' AND 'POST' requests in the api _query() function. This will allow clients to send requests to the PuppetDB that are too long for a GEt request query string
- Adding a node field, code_id, to the Catalog object using the field of the same name from the Catalogs endpoint (currently unused as of PuppetDB 3.2.2)
- Adding test cases for new features EXCEPT the GET and POST update.
- Version bump to 0.2.0
- Adding support for v4 of the Query API
- Removing v2 and v3 api functions as per changelog
- pypuppetdb will no longer support multiple API versions, removing the api_version attribute from pypuppetdb.connect()
- All clients must remove the api_version attribute from the connect function, or the starting number, since it is no longer supported
- Removing all NotImplemented errors in the function of BaseAPI and filled them with the real code
Changes to Types:
apito be passed as the second argument, this allows to directly query for any events that occurred in this report object. This functionality was proposed and denied because of backward compatability reasons, since the previous versions are now removed this is no longer a problem.
pypupperdb.types.*accept the v4 API information as optional parameters. These parameters are primarily environment related but may include additional information if provided from that endpoint.
- Functions appearing inside
pypuppetdb.typesthat run queries against the PuppetDB now accept and passing additional keyword arguments to the query.
pypuppetdb.BaseAPIfunctions pass any received keyword arguments to the
pypuppetdb.api.__init__._query()function. This allows for easy integration with paging functions and parameters.
- Fix the license in our
setup.py. The license shouldn't be longer than 200 characters. We were including the full license tripping up tools like bdist_rpm.
Significant changes have been made in this release. The complete v3 API is now supported except for query pagination.
Most changes are backwards compatible except for a change in the SSL configuration. The previous behaviour was buggy and slightly misleading in the names the options took:
sslhas been renamed to
ssl_verifyand now defaults to
- Automatically use HTTPS if
For additional instructions about getting SSL to work see the Quickstart in the documentation.
Support for API v2 will be dropped in the 0.2.x release series.
The following features are only supported for API v3.
nodes() function have gained the following options:
with_status is set to
True an additional query will be made
events-count endpoint scoped to the latest report. This will
result in an additional
status keys on the node object.
status will be either of
failures or none.
unreported is set to
2. This is only in effect when
with_status is set to
True. It means that if a node hasn't checked
in for two hours it will get a
Changes to types:
Due to a fairly serious bug 0.0.3 was pulled from PyPi minutes after release.
When a bug was fixed to be able to query for all facts we accidentally
introduced a different bug that caused the
facts() call on a node to
query for all facts because we were resetting the query.
- Fix a bug where
node.facts()was causing us to query all facts because the query to scope our request was being reset.
With the introduction of PuppetDB 1.5 a new API version, v3, was also
introduced. In that same release the old
/experimental endpoints were
removed, meaning that as of PuppetDB 1.5 with the v2 API you can no
longer get access to reports or events.
In light of this the support for the experimental endpoints has been completely removed from pypuppetdb. As of this release you can only get to reports and/or events through v3 of the API.
This release includes preliminary support for the v3 API. Everything that could be done with v2 plus the experimental endpoints is now possible on v3. However, more advanced funtionality has not yet been implemented. That will be the focus of the next release.
- Removed dependency on pytz.
- Fixed the behaviour of
resources(). We can now correctly query for all facts or resources.
- Fixed an issue with catalog timestampless nodes.
- Pass along the
- Added preliminary PuppetDB API v3 support.
- Removed support for the experimental endpoints.
connect()method defaults to API v3 now.
- Fix a bug in
setup.pypreventing successful installation.
Initial release. Implements most of the v2 API.
* This Changelog was automatically generated by github_changelog_generator
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for pypuppetdb-3.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl