A pure-Python library (based on https://github.com/ronys/pypwsafe and it's forks) that can read and write Password Safe v3 files, originally by Paulson McIntyre http://pwsafe.org
A pure-Python library that can read and write Password Safe v3 files. It includes full support for almost all current Password Safe v3 database headers and record headers.
The library was initially written by Paulson McIntyre for Symantec in 2009. It was later released by Symantec under the GPLv2 in 2011. Changes and updates have been made since by Paulson McIntyre (GpMidi), Evan Deaubl (evandeaubl), and Sean Perry (shaleh). Rony Shapiro maintains the project page and acts as gate keeper for new patches.
- Lack of documentation
- Unit tests are out-of-date
- There MAY be an issue with the order that NonDefaultPrefsHeader serializes preferences for HMAC validation in pypwsafe. Although the library validates HMACs fine at the moment, so who knows.
- Install libmcrypt and it's dev package along with the Python dev package: yum install libmcrypt-devel libmcrypt python-devel These packages are needed by the installer for python-mcrypt
- Install the standard Linux development tools. For RHEL/CentOS 5 and 6,
yum groupinstall 'Development tools'can be used if your YUM repos have group information.
- Use Pip or easy install to install python-mcrypt, hashlib, and pycrypto
- Run the setup script python setup.py install
- Test that the module loads python -c "import pypwsafe"
Development Setup Instructions
FIXME: Fill this in
Where can I find details on the Password Safe file format?
The format spec is kept in the Password Safe project's SVN repo. Go to the password safe code base and check in /pwsafe/pwsafe/docs/formatV3.txt. As of today, it can be found here
- Add support for using a pure-python TwoFish algorithm if mcrypt doesn't work. http://code.google.com/p/python-keysafe/source/browse/crypto/twofish.py http://www.bjrn.se/code/twofishpy.txt
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pypwsafev3-0.0.3-py3-none-any.whl (35.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pypwsafev3-0.0.3.tar.gz (34.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pypwsafev3-0.0.3-py3-none-any.whl