Simple IRC module
pysimpirc is a barebones IRC bot library meant to be simple to use. It does not attempt to catch the replies to messages, but has all the features necessary to build a relatively advanced bot, including:
- Queuing messages so as to not flood the IRC server,
- interpretation of the MODE command,
- parsing of the RPL_ISUPPORT line and adherance to many options,
- uncluttered interface - no zope.interfaces nor anything like it, only a base class and a subclass with more functionality,
- not hard-wired to TCP - could theoretically use UNIX sockets or anything you choose to implement,
- IPv6 compatible.
It is the aim of this library to not be in the way of the programmer and avoid introducing new, foreign concepts.
For a basic example, see the example.py file provided in the distribution.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.