A native Python2/3 reader module for the SWORD Project Bible Modules
A native Python reader of the SWORD Project Bible Modules
- Read SWORD bibles (not commentaries etc.)
- Detection of locally installed bible modules.
- Supports all known SWORD module formats (ztext, ztext4, rawtext, rawtext4)
- Read from zipped modules, like those available from http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModDisp.jsp?modType=Bibles
- Clean text of OSIS, GBF or ThML tags.
- Supports both python 2.7 and 3.3+ [*] (CI tested with 2.7 to 3.7)
|[*]||pysword makes use of io.open (introduced in python 2.6 and the unicode literal (available in pyhton 2 and reintroduced in python 3.3 - PEP 414)|
PySword is and can be distributed under the MIT license
pip install pysword
To run the testsuite, first run the script that download the files used for testing, and then use nosetests to run the testsuite:
$ python tests/resources/download_bibles.py $ nosetests -v tests/
The tests should run and pass using both python 2 and 3.
Read the documentation for how to use pysword and to see the API docs.
If you want to contribute, you are most welcome to do so! Feel free to report issues and create merge request at https://gitlab.com/tgc-dk/pysword If you create a merge request please include a test the proves that your code actually works.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pysword-0.2.7.tar.gz (27.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|