Meta-package containing dependencies for testing
This is a meta-package that pulls in the dependencies that are used by astropy and some affiliated packages for testing. It can also be used for testing packages that are not affiliated with the Astropy project.
The following dependencies are installed by this package:
- The pytest testing framework for Python
- pytest-remotedata, a pytest plugin used for controlling access to data files hosted online
- pytest-doctestplus, a pytest plugin that provides advanced features for testing example code in documentation
- pytest-openfiles, a pytest plugin for detecting file handles that were inadvertently left open at the end of unit tests
- pytest-arraydiff, a pytest plugin that enables the generation and comparison of data arrays produced during unit tests
The pytest-astropy plugin can be installed using pip:
$ pip install pytest-astropy
It is also possible to install the latest development version from the source repository:
$ git clone https://github.com/astropy/pytest-astropy $ cd pytest-astropy $ python ./setup.py install
In either case, the plugin will automatically be registered for use with pytest.
Questions, bug reports, and feature requests can be submitted on github.
This package is licensed under a 3-clause BSD style license - see the LICENSE.rst file.