Core engine for cookiecutter-qa and pytest-play packages
Core engine for tierra_qa package
pytest-pypom-navigation is not intended to be used as a standalone package.
It provides the core engine (pytest fixtures) needed by the strong opinionated scaffolding solution called cookiecutter-qa that let you generate a fully working QA testing hello world project based on Selenium/Splinter with just one command.
It is also used by the pytest-play engine for collecting variables for tests parametrization.
You can run “pytest-pypom-navigation” tests via tox:
$ pip install tox $ tox -epy36
Contributions are very welcome. Tests can be run with tox, please ensure the coverage at least stays the same before you submit a pull request.
Distributed under the terms of the Apache Software License 2.0 license, “pytest-pypom-navigation” is free and open source software
If you encounter any problems, please file an issue along with a detailed description.
- make credentials and base url variables optional
- fix get_page_instance (missing page kwargs before page construction)
- navigation will no more be initialized automatically with an open browser by default since pypom_navigation is used by third party plugins even for non UI plugins. This way we avoid to open a browser if it is not needed and explicitly requested with a set page or visit page
- you can override the default page timeout using a pytest-variables configuration named default_timeout
- add new method get_page_instance on navigation
- navigation initialized with kwargs (including variables coming from pytest variables too)
- add global timeout for all pages (default 10)
- base_page fixture no longer opens page by default. It’s up to you visiting a page now
- support fallback page classes in action_performed
- Add update_page and action_performed methods on navigation.
- Wait for pages to load when visiting them.
- First release