RabbitMQ process and client fixtures for pytest
What is this?
This is a pytest plugin, that enables you to test your code that relies on a running RabbitMQ Queues. It allows you to specify additional fixtures for RabbitMQ process and client.
How to use
Plugin contains two fixtures
- rabbitmq - it’s a client fixture that has functional scope. After each test, it cleans RabbitMQ, cleans queues and exchanges for more reliable tests.
- rabbitmq_proc - session scoped fixture, that starts RabbitMQ instance at it’s first use and stops at the end of the tests.
Simply include one of these fixtures into your tests fixture list.
You can also create additional rabbitmq client and process fixtures if you’d need to:
from pytest_rabbitmq import factories rabbitmq_my_proc = factories.rabbitmq_proc( port=None, logsdir='/tmp') rabbitmq_my = factories.rabbitmq('rabbitmq_my_proc')
Each RabbitMQ process fixture can be configured in a different way than the others through the fixture factory arguments.
You can define your settings in three ways, it’s fixture factory argument, command line option and pytest.ini configuration option. You can pick which you prefer, but remember that these settings are handled in the following order:
- Fixture factory argument
- Command line option
- Configuration option in your pytest.ini file
|RabbitMQ option||Fixture factory argument||Command line option||pytest.ini option||Default|
|rabbitmq server path||server||–rabbitmq-server||rabbitmq_server||/usr/lib/rabbitmq/bin/rabbitmq-server|
|Log directory location||logsdir||–rabbitmq-logsdir||rabbitmq_logsdir||$TMPDIR|
pass it as an argument in your own fixture
rabbitmq_proc = factories.rabbitmq_proc(port=8888)
use --rabbitmq-port command line option when you run your tests
py.test tests --rabbitmq-port=8888
specify your port as rabbitmq_port in your pytest.ini file.
To do so, put a line like the following under the [pytest] section of your pytest.ini:
[pytest] rabbitmq_port = 8888
- [fix] Adjust for mirakuru 2.2.0 and up
- [cleanup] Move more rabbitmq related logic into the executor
- [enhancements] Base environment variables support on the mirakuru functionality itself
- [feature] Drop support for python 2.7. From now on, only support python 3.6 and up
- [fix] Fix list queues functionality
- [enhancemet] removed path.py dependency
- [enhancements] adjust pytest-rabbitmq to pytest 3. require pytest 3.
- [enhancements] command line and pytest.ini options for modifying rabbitmq node name
- [enhancements] command line and pytest.ini options for modifying server exec path
- [enhancements] command line and pytest.ini options for modifying ctl exec path
- [enhancements] command line and pytest.ini options for modifying host
- [enhancements] command line and pytest.ini options for modifying port
- [enhancements] command line and pytest.ini options for modifying logs directory destination
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pytest_rabbitmq-2.0.1-py3-none-any.whl (27.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pytest_rabbitmq-2.0.1-py3-none-any.whl