py.test plugin to remove stale byte code files.
py.test plugin to remove stale bytecode
This plugin removes all stale bytecode files before running tests. This makes sure that Python modules – whose source was deleted – are not accidentally visible to the test runner anymore due to a left-over bytecode file (*.pyc, *.pyo).
To use this plugin you just have to install it, so it is accessible by the pytest you are using:
- If you are using buildout, add pytest-remove-stale-bytecode to the buildout section of your pytest runner.
- If you are using pip add it to your test requirements.
Per default, there is no output generated, but if pytest is invoked in verbose mode (-v), information about the deleted files is printed.
This plugin was inspired by a feature of zope.testrunner.
- Add support for Python 3.6, PyPy2 and PyPy3.
- Do not show output by default anymore. It can be turned on with -v option.
- Change the license from ZPL to MIT.
- Also remove bytecode files under Python 3, that end with -PYTEST.
- Add support for removing byte code files under Python 3.
- initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, Size & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||File Type||Python Version||Upload Date|
(4.7 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Wheel||py2.py3||May 12, 2017|
(4.3 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Source||None||May 12, 2017|