pytest-symbols is a pytest plugin that adds support for passing test environment symbols into pytest tests.
- pytest-symbols is a pytest plugin that adds support for passing test environment symbols into pytest tests.
- The supported formats for symbols files are json and yaml.
pip install https://github.com/F5Networks/pytest-symbols.git
- use the “–symbols” option to pass symbols into a pytest run:
py.test --symbols tests/demo.json -- tests/demo.py
- use the “symbols” fixture to access symbols within a test:
def test_with_symbols_fixture(self, symbols): print symbols assert symbols.client_ip == "192.168.1.1" assert symbols.server_ip == "192.168.2.1"
- use “pytest.symbols” to access symbols outside the “symbols” fixture:
import pytest from pytest import symbols as foo def test_without_symbols_fixture(self): print pytest.symbols assert symbols.client_ip == "192.168.1.1" assert symbols.server_ip == "192.168.2.1" print foo assert foo.client_ip == "192.168.1.1" assert foo.server_ip == "192.168.2.1"
How to Contribute
- Contributions are warmly welcomed.
- Contributions should be associated with an open issue.
- Find an open issue that interests you, or create a new one if you don’t find what you’re looking for in the backlog.
- Fork this repository on GitHub and make your changes in the master branch (or branch off of it).
- Write tests that verify the issue has been resolved (ie. the bug was fixed or the new feature works as expected).
- Add yourself to AUTHORS.rst.
- Send a pull request.
- Sit back and wait for the plaudits to roll in.
Copyright 2016 F5 Networks Inc.
Contributor License Agreement
Individuals or business entities who contribute to this project must have completed and submitted the F5 Contributor License Agreement to Openstack_CLA@f5.com prior to their code submission being included in this project.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.