Python client for Consul (http://www.consul.io/)
Python client for Consul.io
import consul c = consul.Consul() # poll a key for updates index = None while True: index, data = c.kv.get('foo', index=index) print data['Value'] # in another process c.kv.put('foo', 'bar')
pip install python-consul2
Note: When using python-consul library in environment with proxy server, setting of http_proxy, https_proxy and no_proxy environment variables can be required for proper functionality.
This python-consul author may be a little busy, I will maintain a version python-consul2, welcome to use. The new consul version was used(v1.6.1). Progressively implement all API interfaces in the future
There’s a few API endpoints still to go to expose all features available in Consul v1.6.1. If you need an endpoint that’s not in the documentation, just open an issue and I’ll try and add it straight away.
python-consul2 is currently maintained by:
Please reach out if you’re interested in being a maintainer as well. Otherwise, open a PR or Issue we’ll try and respond as quickly as we’re able.
|today!:||Some triaging is in progress and this issue should be taken care of in a couple of hours!|
|priority:||There’s a clear need to address this issue and it’s likely a core contributor will take it on. Opening a PR for these is greatly appreciated!|
|help wanted:||This issue makes sense and would be useful. It’s unlikely a core contributor will get to this though, so if you’d like to see it addressed please open a PR.|
|question:||The need for the issue isn’t clear or needs clarification, so please follow up. Issues in this state for a few months, without responses will likely will be closed.|
Pull requests are very much appreciated! When you create a PR please ensure:
- All current tests pass, including flake8
- To add tests for your new features, if reasonable
- To add docstrings for new api features you add and if needed link to these docstrings from the sphinx documentation
# release the current version, eg: 0.6.1-dev -> 0.6.1 bumpversion release # prepare the next patch (z-stream) version, eg: 0.6.1 -> 0.6.2-dev bumpversion --no-tag patch # else, prepare the next minor (y-stream) version, eg: 0.6.1 -> 0.7.0-dev bumpversion --no-tag minor
- forked from cablehead/python-consul
- Fix Consul.ACL support
- implement Connect Config Snapshot consul_api
- implement all consul http-api
- Add TLSSkipVerify for HTTPS check <email@example.com>
- removes the WriteRequest in the json body where used. <https://www.consul.io/docs/upgrade-specific.html#stricter-json-decoding>
- refactors the api token to use the X-Consul-Token header instead of a parameter, which is recommended and more secure.
- Fix catalog.register node_meta in data not in params <https://github.com/poppyred/python-consul2/issues/11>
- Fix #7 #9 #10 #11
- long_description has syntax errors in markup and would not be rendered on PyPI.
- Support SkipNodeUpdate parameter
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size python_consul2-0.1.5-py2.py3-none-any.whl (30.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size python-consul2-0.1.5.tar.gz (31.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for python_consul2-0.1.5-py2.py3-none-any.whl