This source contains:
- The Kaltura client library (KalturaClient.py & KalturaClientBase.py)
- Auto generated core APIs (KalturaCoreClient.py)
- Auto generated plugin APIs (KalturaPlugins/*.py)
- Python library test code and data files (TestCode/*)
- The 'poster' python module (used by KalturaClient.py)
== STANDARD DEPENDENCIES ==
The API library depends on the following python modules (included with python by default):
- uuid or random & sha
== EXTERNAL DEPENDENCIES ==
The API library depends on the following python modules that are not included by default with python:
- setuptools - can be downloaded from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools
- poster - can be downloaded from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/poster/
installed by running: python setup.py install
== INSTALLATION ==
Make sure you have the modules listed under the 'external dependencies' installed.
Install the Kaltura client by running 'python setup.py install' from the same folder as this README file.
== TESTING THE CLIENT LIBRARY ==
== RELEASE NOTES ==
Aug 2013 - the library was refactored to make it installable as a PyPI package.
This refactoring changed the way Kaltura client plugin modules are loaded -
before the change the metadata plugin (for example) was loaded by:
from KalturaMetadataClientPlugin import *
when upgrading the client, this will need to be changed to:
from KalturaClient.Plugins.Metadata import *
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.