No project description provided
Seispy is a Python module for processing seismological data and calculating Receiver Functions. The advanced functions are available to improve the Obspy.
For the use of the Seispy package, please cite as:
- Xu, M. & He, J. (2023). Seispy: Python Module for Batch Calculation and Postprocessing of Receiver Functions. Seismological Research Letters, 94 (2A): 935–943. doi: https://doi.org/10.1785/0220220288
For 3D time-difference correction, please also consider citing:
- Xu, M., Huang, H., Huang, Z., Wang, P., Wang, L., Xu, M., ... & Yuan, X. (2018). Insight into the subducted Indian slab and origin of the Tengchong volcano in SE Tibet from receiver function analysis. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 482, 567-579. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsl.2017.11.048
For 2D and 3D CCP stacking, please also consider citing:
- Xu, M., Huang, Z., Wang, L., Xu, M., Zhang, Y., Mi, N., ... & Yuan, X. (2020). Sharp lateral Moho variations across the SE Tibetan margin and their implications for plateau growth. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 125(5), e2019JB018117. doi: https://doi.org/10.1029/2019JB018117
See Seispy documentation in detail.
seispy.distaz: Calculate distance and azimuth credited by the lithospheric seismology program at USC, but
numpy.ndarrayoperations are supported.
seispy.geo: Tiny codes of geophysics.
seispy.decon: Functions of deconvolution transferred from iwbailey/processRFmatlab including
- Iterative time domain deconvolution method (Ligorría and Ammon 1999 BSSA).
- Water level frequency domain deconvolution method (CJ. Ammon 1991 BSSA)
seispy.rf: Procedure for RF calculation. The functions of
obspy.clientsfrom the Obspy.
seispy.eq: RF processing for each event, which invoked
obspy.core.Streamfrom the Obspy.
seispy.hk: H-k stacking for single station (Zhu and Kanamori 2000 JGR).
seispy.rfani: A joint method for crustal anisotropic calculation (Liu and Niu 2011 GJI).
seispy.slantstack: Slant stacking for single station (Tauzin et al., 2008)
seispy.rfcorrect: Subsequent process of RFs including moveout correction and time to depth conversion (1D and 3D) (see Xu et al., 2018 EPSL)
seispy.ccpprofile: CCP stacking along a profile.
seispy.ccp3d: 3-D CCP stacking with extracting depth D410 and D660.
prf: Calculate PRFs for a station.
pickrf: Pick PRFs with virtual quality control after the calculation.
plotrt: Plot PRFs with R and T components order by back-azimuth.
plotr: Plot PRFs with R component order by back-azimuth.
hk: H-Kappa stacking for estimating Moho depth and crustal Vp/Vs.
rf2depth: Convert PRFs to depth axis.
ccp_profile: Stack PRFs along a profile with a CCP stacking method.
ccp3d: Stack PRFs with spaced bins.
rfani: Estimating crustal anisotropy with a joint method.
rfharmo: Harmonic decomposition to extract constant component of RF and plot dip/anisotropic components.
pickdepth: Pick depth of stacked PRFs following
veltxt2mod: Create 3D velocity model with
numpy.lib.npyio.NpzFileformat from a ASCII table file.
downlod_catalog: Download catalogs from FDSN web-service.
gen_rayp_lib: Generate a rap-parameter library with depth of source and epicentral distance.
setpar: Set up the values in configure files.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
python-seispy-1.3.4.tar.gz (941.1 kB view hashes)